Bleeding after sex

Hi 

Sorry Im new, not sure if im in the right forum.

Bit of back story...

When I was 25 I went for my first smear, it came back high grade dyskarosis. I had the Lletz treatment after the colposcopy. I had smears quite frequently but then release back to every 3 years. 

I have been with my husband for 13 years now. And about 5 months ago i started bleeding after sex. Quite a lot but I put it down to coming on or off my period. Its starting happening more frequently. Maybe 60% of the time.

It didnt hurt, just when we were finished both he and I were covered in blood. I went to the GP and he recommened I go for a STI test, i did and it came back all clear.

By now it has increased to maybe 80% of the time when were are having sex. I called them again and explained its now so bad, i have to change the sheets. Its everywhere. I was told this isnt normal and they have to refer me to Gynacology. So yesterday I received a letter to go for an pelvic scan both internally and externally on the Sunday the 20th December. I then have to go to the gynacology deaprtment on the 29th December.

I have also been getting dull aching in my pelvis, usually when im at work.

Im terrified, im not going to lie. Part of me is like, if they thought it was serious, they would of had me in sooner. But there is also a pandemic and im grateful i am just getting an appoitment at all.

My doctor called and I had to go for a blood test last night too. They didnt tell me what they were checking for but to see me at 8pm last night.

Im 31 and had 2 children.

I cant stop googling things which isnt helping. 

If anyone has been through or going through anything similar, please get intouch. 

Thanks

Lala

Hi what did your results say, I'm having kind of a similar problem, I've been having irregular bleeding, in between periods and after sex, not as much as you though, it's not all over the sheets, it's just there every time a wipe. sorry tmi... I've been having pressure in my pelvic area. Cramps on my lower back and up my right side, plus sometimes sex is painful.. Have been for bloods and smear, bloods are fine, smear isn't back yet. 

Hi Lalajones,

I am sorry to hear your story. I would feel a lot of anxiety if I didn't know what it is going on. For me the worst period was when I didn't know what was wrong with me. It seems that you got all these tests booked very soon following your symptoms which are great news. Please trying not to google a lot your symptoms because there are many articles not accurate. Be stronge and I am sure it will not be as serious as you think. 

Maria xx

Hi, 

I came across your post and I'm experiencing the exact same thing. I have a colposcopy on Wednesday next week. What happened with you after this post? I hope all is well x

Hello, 

I am so sorry you experienced this just wondered how you have gotten on! This is as though I could have written this myself I am having all the same as you and I have to go for a Std Check this Wednesday and my dr has made a referal to gynaecology. 

I really hope everything has worked out okay for you xxx