Bleeding after LLETZ

Hi everyone - new here! I’m 53, in menopause and I had my LLETZ done 9 days ago. Had some discharge up until yesterday when I started bleeding. Phoned the hospital and was advised to go to A & E to be checked over. Spent all afternoon there yesterday. Saw gynae and they performed a chemical burn on the site of the wound as a precautionary measure. Blood tests came back clear, but they still prescribed antibiotics as a precautionary measure. However, I’m still bleeding. I am in menopause (I haven’t had a period for 3 years), but this bleed is like a period. Woke up this morning feeling quite tender in my lower tummy too. They also performed a pelvic examination yesterday and found a cyst on my right ovary, and have made me an appointment for an ultrasound scan for next Weds.

My original smear test came back with CIN1, low grade dyk. The LLETZ was performed not because of biospy results, but because they were unable to access my cervix due to being menopausal - I had been for a first colposcopy 8 weeks ago and was given Vagifem pessaries to try to open up the cervix, but it didn’t work, so they decided to do the LLETZ. Is it possible that the Vagifem hormones have upset my own hormones and am having a bleed like a period? Has anyone else experience this?

Hi Kats,

Just from my own experience when i had my Loop done on 27/6/16 I had minimal watery and pink discharge for about a week then started to bleed then about day 9-12 saw bits of scab coming out with bleed too. Sorry you kinda get used to coming out with TMI on this forum, as i have used this forum a lot to help me through this experience and TMI's are quite normal :-) lol

I had to be recauterized on 16th June due to very heavy bleed starting night before so ended up in hospital - this meant that my recovery started from scratch again. And the pattern was similar no bleed for about a week just the discharge then bleeding again .... I've read a 'ridiculous' lot about this procedure and it seems that is a fairly normal pattern.

I'm not sure the effect of having a cyst has on the process though. I hope it all works out for you anyway and you don't have too much discomfort. It's a heck of an experince this is. 

I just wanted to reply to let you know :-)

Regards,

Caroline 

Take Care

Hi Caroline

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with me - it really helps.  Hope you heal well and don't have to suffer too much.

Take care

Regards

Katherine