Bleeding-advice please

Hi,

im worried. I had an abnormal smear result showing severe change. This was then followed up by a colposcopy and a lletz to remove the abnormal cells. A biopsy was also taken. Results came back as expected CIN3. Smear test booked for Decembe. That was in June. 

so forward to now. Recovery from The lletz was good. But now I bleed after sexual intercourse. I have unusual vaginal discharge and abdominal pain. Is this recovery from the procedure or something other? 

Any advice or personal experiences  welcome. Thank you

UPDATE- I went to the doctor today with the expectation of having a swab taken but he said he didn’t need to examine me and said that it sounded like I had an infection from the lletz procedure. I have been perscr antibiotics and hope it will clear within a week. Does anyone else have experience of having an infection after the lletz?

Hi Jules.

I got an infection after mine, the 1st lot of antibiotics didn't shift it so I needed another course and now everything has settled down again.

Hi Grey,

thanks for  reply. What symptoms did you experience with your infection? Is it usual to be experiencing symptoms three months after? I just feel something is a miss. Perhaps I am being paranoid but I wish the doctor had examined me And taken swabs as the previous doctor suggested.

Hi Jules.

The symptoms I had were a lot of discharge and it did smell pretty bad sorry for TMI. I also kept needed to wee all the time when I had literally just been, and also random stomach / abdominal pains. 

I had a utine culture after the first lot of antibiotics and that came back showing infection. I have also just had a swab to make sure there is nothing else going on, I am still waiting for the results of the swab though.

I am unsure if my UTI was caused by the lletz or if it was there previously and I hadn't noticed but apparently this infection i had is resilient to certain antibiotics hence me needed a 2nd course

Honestly if you don't feel right go back to the GP, mine have been brilliant throughout but I generally see the nurse practitioner rather than the doctor and have found her much more understanding than my own GP.