Bleeding 24/7

Stick with it chick, it’s great that they’re keeping a close eye on you and giving you transfusions when you need them. Fingers crossed once your scans are done things will get moving pretty quickly🤞 keep us updated, and let me know if I can help with anything xxx

2 Likes

Thank you so much :slight_smile: I’m hoping I will get treatment not to long after my scans. I will keep you updated.

1 Like

Hi Maxpower I just wanted to say thinking of you as you await diagnosis. There is only room for positive thought in that brain of yours! You will get through this xx
P.S. I’ve been reading an excellent book lately called “How your mind can heal your body” David R Hamilton PhD. I find holistic reading is helping. Everything crossed for you! I get my prognosis and treatment plan Thursday.

@CarolineE I’ll have to look into that book and read it. Also I hope thursday goes well for you :slight_smile: let me know how it goes. Sending lots of luck your way!

I have a CT scan on Monday. I’m pretty terrified it’s going to be really bad news. Hopefully not. I will update everyone how it goes.

2 Likes

Try not to think of it as a worst case scenario hun. Once your team have the scan results they’ll do everything they can to make you better. C word or not once they know what’s causing the bleeding they’ll get you sorted. Will be thinking of you x

1 Like

Thank you for thinking of me :slight_smile: I’m back in the emergency department for another blood transfusion and honestly I’m so tired of having to do transfusions every week. I can’t wait until I can get treatment so it stops.

2 Likes

How did the scan go Max?

@SamG It went pretty well. They had a hard time trying to find my veins to put the iv in for the contrast dye stuff. And they give you a drink that tastes like pool water lol. Other than that it went well.

1 Like

So I went for my follow up with my oncologist today. Luckily they had the results from my ct scan for me today, which I was pretty happy about since I thought it would take longer. I have a 5cm tumour on my cervix, and one questionable lymph node. They can’t tell if the lymph node has cc in it, or if it is inflamed. I am going in for a pet scan soon to check the lymph node. They said without the lymph node I am stage 1b3, if the lymph node has cc I am bumped up to 3c. They said there is no bladder or bowel involvement, and my parametrium looks clear. No distant mets either. I start chemo and radiation in 2 weeks, and get 2 round of brachytherapy after that. I am so relieved. Last night I was crying thinking they were going to tell me I wasn’t curable. They told me it’s very curable, and they are aiming to cure me.

8 Likes

So glad you got your MRI results @Maxpower and it wasn’t as bad as you were expecting. It’s great that your doctor said it is curable :heart: must be a relief to get some answers.

You’ve got this!

2 Likes

It was a huge relief. I thought it would have spread everywhere at this point, but it hasn’t so that was so good to hear.

3 Likes

So so glad you have a plan now hun xxx treatment will be over before you know it😘 you’ll smash it! Let us know if you have any questions or just need to vent or rant! xxx

1 Like

@OldRed Thank you so much :slight_smile: I will.

2 Likes

Oh Max that’s fantastic! Just to reassure you I had the same thing with the lymph node, they radiated it just in case but I was classed stage 3b as my cancer was climbing the tube to my kidney.

I am now in remission.

3 Likes

@SamG So glad to hear you are in remission :slight_smile: I wonder why I am 3C. The staging thing confises me lol.

1 Like

Hi Max,

I found this page the best for help with staging.
https://www.jostrust.org.uk/information/cervical-cancer/grading-staging

Stage 3C

The cancer has spread to the lymph nodes.

• Stage 3C1 – The cancer has only spread to the pelvic lymph nodes.
  • Stage 3C2 – The cancer has spread to the lymph nodes above the pelvic area (paraaortic lymph nodes).

@SamG Thank you for finding that for me :slight_smile: makes it way less confusing.

I am having a bad day today. I am honestly terrified that treatment won’t work or I will have a reocurrence when it’s over. I don’t know why I am thinking so much about it today…