Biopsy whilst 36 weeks pregnant

Hello, 

hoping someone can offer some advice/reassurance. 

A bit of a back story, I had my first smear in March 2017, this came back as high grade dyskariosis and I was sent for a Colposcopy - they saw a large area of cells that she felt needed removing so I had a lletz there and then. The lletz came back completely clear of any abnormal cells so they decided to redo the Colposcopy and smear in 6 months - that all showed a normal cervix, nothing on the smear and no HPV so I was discharged.

Fast forward to now, Im 37 weeks pregnant, a few days ago I had some spotting so went to get checked over at maternity unit. They did a speculum exam and saw a growth coming from inside my cervix. I was urgently referred for a colposcopy the next morning with the head gynae consultant. 

She did the colposcopy and saw the growth, she said it was possibly a polyp but it looked abnormal and had a large surface of abnormal cells which bled easily. She took a biopsy (she said she wouldn’t usually but needed to and being so far gone in my pregnancy she would chance it) and said she would get the results back within 10 days. 

She seems to think this could be the abnormal cells from my smear/lletz in 2017 but it wasn’t picked up in the results due to being inside my cervix but has now protruded out. She seemed fairly confident it was still precancerous but wanted it sorted quickly regardless. I’m really worried about them rushing the results back so quickly. Shall I assume they’re only being so quick about everything as I’m so heavily pregnant? 

Has anyone else ever had this and it all turned out to be fine? 

Thankyou. 

hey, i didnt want to read and run - have you heard anything back about this yet?

i cant imagine they would want to do any treatment while youre this pregnant so the only thing i can think of is that theyre getting all the results they can, as quickly as they can, so that if it is anything that needs treatment, it can be discussed with you and you ready to start once your baby is born (or as soon as you can afterwards at least).

i hope your labour goes smoothly, ill keep my eyes peeled for any updates and good luck :) x