Biopsy Results

Had my first colposcopy appt last Friday 4th March. There wasn’t much said whilst at the appointment other than they need to take two biopsies and that they would be sent off and it may take three to six weeks to get results. I am now worried as to what they discovered as to why they have taken biopsies. I was so upset going through the procedure and felt a lot of discomfort during the procedure that after all was complete I as just glad to leave, I am now worried about getting results and what the biopsies were taken for.

They will take the biopsies as a precaution to check the cells that have been removed for anything untoward - they are very thorough. I had 5 samples taken (punch biopsies) during my colposcopy. The Biopsies all came back clear - but confirmed CIN3. (pre cancerous cells) but no cancer. For this reason they recommended a cone biospy to remove the affected area and to stop it turning into cancer. I had this under GA. Again - they did biopsies on the removed tissue - againg to check there is nothing untoward.

The second biopsy showed Stage 1a1/1a2 cancer - very small - but still cancer...so i am very relieved in many ways that they are so thorough. i had my CT and MRI scans today to confirm the diagnosis.

Fingers crossed your biopsy results will come back normal - but also be reassured at how thorough they are being - if there is anything there - they will try to find it.

Thank you for your reply, so sorry to hear your news, I hope everything works out for you, as you say they are very through so fingers crossed all will be ok. It is not nice having to wait for the results. I hope all goes ok for you.

Try not to worry - easier said than done! I had 2 biopsies taken at colposcopy back in December. I think it's pretty routine! My smear showed severe high hrade dyskaryosis but the biopsies came back as CIN 2! So it wasnt as bad as I had imagined.

The waiting is the worst part! Try to not Google and just use this site - it really is a Godsend!

Charlene x

Hiya.

I second what Charlene said. I had 2 biopsys taken as a precaution in February. It is very worrying and your bound to feel a bit of dicomfort. Try to relax and take a bit of me time. The days will feel long waiting for results but they'll soon fly by. I chased my results after 4 weeks & got the results today. Try not to Google (I got told prior to the first coloscopy appointment as there might be horror stories). This is the best site to look at for information and advice.

Much love

Katie 

Hi thank you for your reply, still waiting for results, i called the dept on Friday and apparently path lab so short staffed at milton keynes hospital they have not even looked at biopsies as yet. Will have to just wait. Can not sleep at night thinking about it. Im sure all will be fine eventually. Thank you for your kind words.

Hi thank you for your reply, still waiting for results, i called the dept on Friday and apparently path lab so short staffed at milton keynes hospital they have not even looked at biopsies as yet. Will have to just wait. Can not sleep at night thinking about it. Im sure all will be fine eventually. Thank you for your kind words.

I waited a long time for my results and eventually got them out of the nurse before I went for treatment! I was just glad that I knew I was having something done so I knew a little bit more info. If the doctor had seen anything to worry about then they would have marked it as urgent and it wouldn't matter how short staff the lab is - they'd be back. No news is usually a good sign! Sending lots of positive thoughts your way!