Biopsy results

Thank you to everyone who has commented on my previous posts/replied to messages.

I had a call today to say my biopsy showed cin3 abnormalities but also abnormalities on my glandular cells which they strongly believe show I have early cancer. They have said its treatable and I am due in on Friday to discuss options after they have a meeting regarding my results. 

Good luck to all you I will keep popping back to see any updates and I wish all the positivity, love and strength to all of you x

Hi Rachel,

Sorry to hear your results, I hope you're feeling ok. I had a similar result recently. I had lletz for cin3 then got a call from the hospital with a short notice appointment. They wouldn't tell me the result over the phone but I knew something had come up in my sample. I was diagnosed with early stage cancer, stage 1a1. I've had an MRI scan and now awaiting my second lletz as there are still some cin3 cells left. I'm booked in for lletz under general anesthesic on Thursday. It was quite a shock to be honest but it's very treatable when caught at this early stage. Yours must be very early stage too. Take care of yourself and let us know how you get on.

Sending love,

Xx

Thank you for the reply. 1a1 is also what they have said to me but she has said they may suggest I have a hysterectomy instead of more lletz treatment 

All the best for Thursday xx

Hi rachey

I've been told a few times they may suggest a hysterectomy in the end but hopefully the second lletz will get a clear result. When cancer is found or suspected it goes to an MDT meeting where a number of different professionals discuss the best treatment. I think this happens if you have CGIN too. At this meeting they recommended a further lletz for me. However, there is a chance that I will then need a hysterectomy following this procedure.

I was originally given an appointment for my second lletz as an outpatient a couple of weeks ago. I got myself all prepared mentally for it and when I got there the doctor had a look and said it would have to be general anaesthetic. I found this really hard as I was expecting one thing to happen and then it changed. Plus they had no idea when I would be able to have it done under general anaesthetic. It's turned out ok in the end, not much of a wait which is a relief.

I've found the waiting for results and not knowing what to expect the hardest part as it's quite unsettling. So look after yourself at this stage. I'm sure it gets easier once you know what you're dealing with and what the plan is.

Good luck,

Xx

I think they have possibly mentioned hysterectomy to me as I lost my sister to cervical cancer 18 months ago, so they may just be over cautious in my case. 

I'm so sorry for you that they changed things around and your wait is longer than anticipated. I think the wait is definitely the hardest part, not knowing is awful and your mind just runs away with you.

Good luck for Thursday, please keep me updated on how it goes if you would like to x

Hi rachey,

I'm so sorry you lost your sister to cervical cancer. It must be a difficult time for you.

Sending lots of love,

Xx