Biopsy marked urgent! Also symptom of biopsy?

Hi

I am still waiting on my cervical and endometrial biopsy results that were taken 12 days ago

Firstly - At the weekend I was dancing and I felt a pop and all this watery fluid gushed out of me, honestly felt like my waters had broken again! It soaked through my underwear. I called today to ask a Nurse if this was related to the biopsies but no nurse available to ask

While on the phone to receptionist I asked if they had my results and she said no just says still in progress. It does say however they are marked as urgent. So I can assume they suspect something bad then if the biopsy was marked as urgent??

I asked in there to tell me if she felt I had cancer and she just said I ‘ don’t meet the demographic and to wait for the biopsy result’ she never told me it would be marked urgent or why

Still no results almost three weeks now even though they are marked urgent :sob: honestly going crazy with worried I’ve made myself Ill! Hate this waiting!

Hiya,

Sorry to hear you’re still waiting on your results. Did they give any indication at all at colposcopy how long it would take to get your results back?

I had my colposcopy and 2 or 3 biopsies taken last week however the clinician apologised and said that results are taking around 5 months! (I’m in Scotland). Even for routine and not urgent, that’s still a really long time to be worrying!

I’m not trying to freak you out lol, they would’ve advised at your appointment if the waiting time for results was ridiculously long, just wanted to say that I know a bit about what you’re going through & hope you get your results soon.

1 Like

Hi thanks for the response! Five months omg! How can it possibly be that long? I was told at the time to wait for a letter in two weeks, if I hadn’t heard I could try calling. At this point I just assumed two weeks was normal as she never mentioned marking them urgent I got told that last week by a receptionist. I spoke to a nurse yesterday who said there is a backlog and it will probably be another few weeks.

I’m just terrified as if they are urgent surely she’s seen something concerning ( but never gave me that indication! ) and now I’m panicking whatever ‘it’ is is having chance to get bigger and grow!

Someone else went yesterday and got a polyp removed at the same clinic and a nurse marked them urgent and said she’s doing them all because of the backlog so I’m hoping I was for the same reason :weary: