Back to the waiting game! Had my appointment

Hi everyone 

so I had my appointment at the hospital this morning after being a nervous wreck since receiving my letter from them. 

Walked in and spoke to the nurse who would be checking me, she seemed ok but was very serious in her manner, she wasn’t bubbly like the other nurses and I always think you need someone who is bubbly at times like these (I personally think so anyways)

i asked her would she be finding out what level my HPV is and she said what do you mean? And I said well my letter doesn’t say what level and I’ve read there’s different ones and all she said was well it’s serious which is why you’re here in the first place! I just said ok. I mean what does she expect me to think? I’ve never had this before I’m new to it all. 

Anways so in I went to the other room and got greeted by three lovely nurses who were watching in. Screen comes on and i can see my cervix. Nurse was happy that it looked healthy and no cancer. She put the solution on and up came the HPV, luckily it seems like my body has been trying to remove it itself as from the time I had my smear upto today it’s now not as serious and isn’t that much there. 

Now the waiting game for the results from the two parts she removed  

CIN 1 all ok and I’ll have a yearly smear (which of course I want this one but I just know throughout that year I’ll be panicking thinking what if it’s changed and now worse)

CIN 2 I’ll be kept an eye on and see them again within 6 months 

CIN 3 they’ll get me in to remove the cells 

I’m trying my hardest not to worry and keep telling myself it’s good news (so far) from what I’ve been told from what got seen on the screen  

The nurse also told me stress can make the HPV worse! easy for her to say but I have two small children that are now going to be with me every day as schools out lol 

hope everyone is ok and receiving good results xx

Hi Hallie,

have you had your results yet 

xx