Back to the hospital :(

Hi everyone,

I had my first smear test nearly a year ago now (im only 25) nd was told that they found cin-2 cells and was booked in for a colposcopy shortly after. They took 4 biopsies and the results of those came back as cin-3. In September, I had LLETZ to remove the cells under a general anaesthetic and was told that the operation had been successful! 

Went for my check up smear in March, just to make sure everything was ok. The results came back 2 weeks later, and said that they had found abnormal cells (AGAIN!!). I'm now booked in for another colposcopy next Wednesday. 

Obviously now I'm worried and anxious because the last time was so dreadful and I really struggled. I had quite a few complications from the op (heavy bleeding etc) and the thought of that again makes me feel bloody awful. Getting the results back this time has knocked me. I was hoping thatd be the end of it.

Has anyone else on here had an abnormal smear test after they've just had LLETZ? What happened next? 

Thank you in advance ❤

Em

Hi Emily

sorry I can't help on your question but I have seen on here quite a few women on here have had 3 Lletz procedures so try not to worry to much. I had the Lletz procedure 3 weeks ago as I had CIN3 but results came back got it all out and none of it had turned cancerous thankfully but I have to have a cure smear in November to see if it's stayed away.

I really hope everything turns out ok, let me know how you get on. My thoughts are with you.

Karen