Back again a year later

Hey!! I posted last October of my follow up with colcoscopy which was mild changes with follow up come back in a year this October unfortunately I was on my period so couldn’t go which frustrates me immensely I then had another appointment booked in for Feb next year!!! Which is outrageous making it 16 months since my last check up!! Anyway my reason for posting this time is I was diagnosed with mild changes cin1 and hpv positiv. Then in the last month I have been suffering with bad Lower back pain which goes into my groin I wasn’t really to worried to start with just thought perhaps I’m sleeping funny but then on Friday evening to my surprise I had severe bleeding during sexual intercourse with my new partner This has never happened to me before and I’m only mid cycle not due on for two weeks it was very alarming so there I go googling it and low and behold it’s symptom of cervical cancer with already issues being watched I’m now panicked that within 13 months is gone from mild changes cin1 to cancer I can’t eat or sleep I’m distraught thanksfully I’ve pushed for a smear test rather than through the hospital but with my doctors and for Friday but I’m worried it’s ruining Christmas already for me. My main concern is can it progress in a year from early stage cin1 to cancer??? little advise of experiences would be much appreciated thank you so much xxxxx

Hi Carly, 

I have never had cc, but I'm due for my one year follow up as well soon as well. I have the same worries, however I haven't had sex in months, so not sure if I would have the bleeding myself. I can understand your worries. The wait and see can be scary. I have heard that it takes 5-10 years, but then I read all over this site and see so many that had a normal pap the last time or some sort of story to where the cancer was a complete shock since it came on so sudden. So not to worry you, but yes it could happen. However, many times the bleeding is from fibroids or polyps. Try to get in somewhere else if you can any faster. That way less stressing. Best of luck! Hope all is ok! :)