Awaiting Lletz Procedure!!

Hey Ladies, 

This is such a stressful time for all going through this and I hope the universe brings as much comfort to you all. 

Ive just had my biopsy results which have confirmed CIN2. ive been booked in for Lletz treatment under LA for next week however my doc said if I’d prefer to have it under GA I should let them know but there might be a longer wait period (I’m really bad with needles and things, it took them ages to do my biopsy so I’d prefer GA) 

Also i have a trip that I’ve been really looking forward to in January and know that I can’t go swimming etc for 4-6 weeks afterwards. So I was just wondering if I was to ask for treatment under GA and the procedure was done at the end of Jan, would I be putting myself at risk? 

Hi

I had my lletz treatment yesterday for CN3 with HPV. I had a LA and was in and out in 15 mins. The nurse held my hand as they injected the needle and I did not feel a thing. No pain at all throughout the whole procedure, the preperation takes longer then the actual procedure to remove the cells.  The nurses were lovely.  I was more upset about been on my period which was quite embarrasing but didn't want to delay getting the treatment.  She said there were two small areas and she is happy she removed it all.  Will hear within 4 weeks.  She said I was fine to go in the bath with no bubble bath and tht I would be fine to go in a jacuzzi on a trip I am going on the 6th Jan.  I have had no pain or extra bleeding - hard to tell as still on my period, but I was fine after my biopsy too.  The waiting was far worse than the actual procedure and I personally find the dentist a lot worse and honestly could not believe how painless and straight forward it was yesterday.