Appointment to discuss ultrasound results

Hi all, so ive had bleeding inbetween periods since last year, saw gp in November who put me on 2 week referral. Had colposcopy but they couldnt see cervix so sent me for a hysterscopy, they couldnt do that either because my cervix is flush to vaginal wall and closed following my lletz procedure. So they sent me for an ultrasound beginning of Jan but i’d still not heard anything so i phoned last week and now ive had a letter for an appointment next week with a consultant, i was expecting the results in writing so now im worrying that they’ve found something & forgot me, especially as the appointments suddenly been rushed though…i wish i had called sooner now! Has anyone had similar?

Hello not had similar but wanted to let you know that you are being heard and listened to, please update us. Sending good thoughts to you for your appointment next week

Hi

It’s very unlikley a couple or so weeks delay will affect your outcome. You did the right thing in chasing your results up, well done. Unexplained symptoms can of course be worrying; easy to say but try not to jump to worst case conclusions.

All the best for your appointment next week.

x

Thank you both for your reassuring replies. Its hard not to think the worst, Ive had this bleeding for so long now and i think because i was just expecting the results over the phone or in a letter to then receive an appointment for so soon made me panic, but there could be a number of things they may want to discuss or follow up. I will update after my appointment.

Just to update, ultrasound saw a small cyst on my ovary and a polyp in my womb with thickened lining, so they are going to try hysterscopy under general anaesthetic to get a biopsy and better look. They were reassuring but my anxiety is through the roof atm with what ifs! Waiting for answers is the worst…trying to keep busy and not stress until i know more.