Anyone diagnosed w/ cc and not have had a pap in 10 years?

I was just diagnosed w/ cc, and have no idea what kind or the stage.  The waiting is killing me, but I have a feeling b/c I have not had a pap smear in 10 years, the news is going to be bad.  I have no symptoms except bleeding.  Did anyone else not have pap smears for years and still have an early stage of cc?  And is it uncommone for people in advanced stages to only have bleeding, or do they usually have other symptoms, too?

Hi

i just responded to your other post as well. I have had paps regularly and had 3 in the last three years leading up to my diagnosis as I wanted to get pregnant, had one at beginning of pregnancy and one after for birth control and it wasn't detected. So this tells you it can happen even when you are on top of your paps. Some ladies have symptoms some do not. So please do not think the worst. 

Untill you have all your tests you cannot say. Do t kick yourself over it!! Deal with today. Also, there are ladies on this site that have been stage 4 and are cured!!! The treatment for stage 2 and up are all pretty much the same so it won't really matter in the grand planning of treatment. 

Feel free to pm me if you have some questions or need to talk

sending you strength and positive vibes. 

Also, on a side note.  I went through treatment with a lady that was 72 years old and she handled treatment better then me. 

Hi, doglover, I was diagnosed in June, and have my last chemo in two weeks then on to radiation...the chemo was very doable...I had a 6 cm tumor on my cervix which had spread to muscle on both sides and lymph node involvement, they said because I was young (ish) I'm 48 and very fit that I would be able for the treatment.....I hadn't had a smear for 10 years just before I got pregnant with my second child...nothing I can do about that now....I had no symptoms except itregular bleeding which I put down to heading towards menopause! I also had what I thought was a leak bladder which I put down to doing jumping jacks at my boot camp (which I was at the day before I was diagnosed) I'm very positive about this and have full confidence in my doctor's.....I haven't got hung up on what stage it's at and they never mentioned it to me, maybe I don't want to know and the fact that they not operating tells me it's not at an early stage....they told me chemo then radiation would have the same result as operating....anyway try not to worry too much and take one day at a time....I've read of so many survivors of this horrible disease, they can do so much now...best wishes xx

Thank you Lolli888.  Your reply is just what I needed tonight.  I go to the oncologist tomorrow.  Thanks again.

Thank you, Pablito6.  Like you, I am an avid exerciser. so I am hoping this will help me.  Please keep me updated on your journey.  Saying prayers for you.

Hi dog lover

i was diagnosed with cc 4 weeks ago, I haven't had a smear for about 14 years. I was quite surprised when I was told my stage was 1B1 with lymph node involvement as I thought it would be far worse....cc is very slow growing so please don't panic just yet.ive  Just finished preparing for chemoradiotherapy which starts 2 weeks today. i hope all went well today x

Hiya I was diagnosed Dec 2015 with cc and I hadn't has a smear test in 19 years and I was 2b2 stage and I've done chemo radio and brachatherapy  and I got clear 18 months ago

Leanne-

Thanks for the response.  I have now been diagnosed at "at least stage 2a."  I am undergoing a PET scan tomorrow to let the doctor know if I am farther along than stage 2a.  In other words, she'll see if it has spread.  Then, I'll meet with her on Monday to discuss my treatment plan.  Needless to say, I won't be relaxing over this weekend.

Hiya I was diagnosed with c/c stage 4a in January this year.I hadn't had a smear for over 10 years ( more fool me) .but I can't do anything about that now .I've finished all my treatment had chemotherapy radiotherapy and the braci.I didn't lose my hair,it was a tuff journey. I've had my MRI scan and was told with good results.I didn't question any further but yes I feel crap some days but this cancer won't beat me.yes I'm frightened if what the future holds and I'll deal with one day at a time.please feel free to p/m me .Helen x

Thanks Helena.  I totally get what you mean when you wrote "I didn't question any further."  I kind of don't even want to hear their answers anymore, b/c they've been wrong at times.  I'm at the point where I just want to move forward.  So tired of the waiting.

My mother did...She had a hysterectomy after I was born so never went for a pap test cuz she thought she didn't...One night after she came home from work she bled and went to the hospital and they told her she had cervical cancer...She said how when I had a hysterectomy, they told her she had a partial hysterectomy where they left the cervix and thats where she got the cancer...She was 57 when she found out she had cancer and 33 years old when she had a partial hysterctomy so as far as that time, she hasn't had a pap in 20 years..Her stage was early and they got it. 

I know this is a old post but I am sort of in the same boat. Its been maybe 15 years since I had a smear. Had one recently and came back ASC-H. I'm going for a leep tomorrow and they will see what's there. The picture I saw with my cervix I didn't see any bumps but it was kind of red.