Any one had symptoms and not had cancer?

Hi ladies,

I have had my letter to say biopsy shows CIN3. My biggest fear is that I have had heavy discharge for around 2 years and bleeding between periods but not every month... I didn't realise these were signs of CC otherwise I would have defo visited my GP. I'm now terrified that I could have had CC for a long time and fear it has spread... 

Has any of you ladies had signs or symptoms with a CIN3 and been fine with no cancer..?? 

I really want to hear this is possible. I'm going out of my mind.

Thanks,

Bekah. xxx

I did! I was convinced it was more sinister when I had my letter. I was so angry with myself that I ignored this discharge for months & months...

As you can see in my signature my treatment was successful and I'm now hpv negative xx

Hi Bekah

I can't offer advice but just wanted to say we are in a very similar situation and I feel the same right now! Had bleeding between periods... not every month... for well over a year, and just found out on monday my smear came back as high grade dyskaryosis. Waiting for my colposcopy on wednesday and it feels like forever away... the not knowing is horrible!

Also, I am a 1986 baby too :) 

I hope everything goes well for you. From what I have read from people's posts on here it does sound like you can have symtpoms without it being cc, which is a relief! I like you am still scared though!

Hi Beyhondconcered,

Thank you for your reply... I am so pleased you had a positive outcome... It is really good to hear that there are others out there that have had signs or symptoms and have not been diagnosed with CC. My discharge is smelly and that is why I am so concerned... There is quite a lot when I wipe after going for a wee... Sometime quite slimy... I just can't believe i didn't make the link... 

I wish you good health for the future...

Bekah. xxx

Hi Pegal,

Thank you for your reply... I am sorry to hear you are in the same boat as me... I seem to be 1 step ahead of you, as I have had the colposcopy done already...

Please don't worry about the colposcopy the biopsy it's self is fine, you just feel a little pinch and then small browny discharge after for a day or 2 but that's all...

I waited 3 weeks for my results from my biopsy so please try to put it at he back of your mind as you could also have a long wait even after the colposcopy... 

I know that that is far easier said than done as that is what everyone has said to me but really it's not worth wasting your time worrying until you know for sure you have something to worry about... I am still trying to take that advice too... Lol...

Yes I have seen that some people like us have had signs or symptoms which does put a glimmer of hope in my mine that after the LLETZ we will all be fine... 

I'm in London and under Guys Hospital... Where are you from? 

Please do message me if you have any questions you want to ask as I am 1 step ahead... Even if you think they are silly or pointless just ask... 

Wish you lots of luck for Wednesday. I am hoping to have my LLETZ on Tuesday if I'm not on my period... 

xxx

Thanks Bekah, it's good to hear the biopsies at the colposcopy weren't too bad! I hope your lletz is okay. Have you been told anything about recovery, time off work etc? Hopefully since your biospsies from your previous appointment didn't show cancer cells you will be okay! (If that's how it works!). I'm based in leeds by the way.

I spoke to a friend about it last night who has the same thing, only hers are just monitored as they have never been severe enough for lletz. She was saying she knows a few people who have been in this situation, including high grade and needing lletz, and none of them ended up with cc which is reassuring too!