Anxious about missed smear

Hi everyone,I’m hoping someone will have some words of reassurance or some advice for me. I am 28 and I had my first smear test three years ago. It came back with Low grade changes and I was told to repeat the test in six months time. When I repeated the test it came back normal and I was told to come back for screening a year later and if that was clear that I would could revert to screening every three years. I am now eighteen months late for that smear but I am booked in for Monday morning now and I am terrified. I have convinced myself that my last period was longer than normal ( I’m not sure if it was) and that every ache and pain is a sign something terrible is wrong. I feel so silly that I missed my last test and even though lots of my friends have never had a smear test at all I feel so irresponsible. I know that so many people on this forum have been through so much and I know I’m being really dramatic over nothing! I feel so anxious and depressed over it and all I want to do is lie in bed and worry. How likely is it I could go from a normal smear to anything serious within 2 and a bit years? I had the vaccine when I was 20 but I know I may have already been exposed to hpv at that stage so it may not make a difference. Any words of advice would be so appreciated! :slight_smile: