Cervical screening and anxiety

Hi all,
I’ve posted on here before so know it is great support.
I just wanted to ask if anyone else gets really bad anxiety regarding smear tests and the subsequent wait for results. My mum died of cervical cancer many years ago when I was a child so that gives me some anxiety but I’ve also had several LLETZ treatment over the years (first lot when I was 25) for abnormal cells including two biopsies and diathermy treatments since November 2020! I’ve just received my letter to remind me to book my 6 monthly screening and I’m seriously stressing out!! Just wanted to see how other people feel about it.

Thanks in advance

Have you had your test done yet?
I had CIN3 abnormal cells and HPV in 2013, successful treatment and yearly smear test since then and I still worry.
Last years yearly results came back as low grade abnormal changes and HPV and I’m now waiting for this years results.
I’m not surprised that you are worrying considering your family history of cervical cancer. Not sure what I can say beyond me saying try not to worry but remember you are in good hands with doctors who know your family history and from what you say, you are being regularly tested so hopefully if there are any abnormal changes then they will be found quickly.
Hope I might have helped slightly with reassuring words and sending hugs as well

1 Like

Hello,

Still waiting for my results as there is up to an 8 week wait in my area at the moment. Hopefully I will get them soon and things are clear.

1 Like