Another 6 month checkup

Hi ladies

i want to first say I pray all is well for all of you. I am getting ready to have another 6 month check up and all the worries of them finding something is coming back. This will be my 1 year and 6 month check up. I go sept. 10th. Does this get easier going in for the check ups. When does the chance of recurrence get better. I hope all of you ladies are doing good.:-)

Hi Mmouse,

My next check up is on Sept 11th where I'll get results from my latest scan. If it's clear I'll officially be past the 2 year mark.

I decided at the beginning that if I reach this milestone then it will get easier. I'm not sure if that's true yet but I can honestly say my anxiety has lessened some already.

I think part of it was deciding that whether I spent my time worrying or not won't change the outcome. If I'm told it comes back I don't want to say 'damn it. I should have lived more while I wasn't getting treatment'. I want to be saying 'wow, what an awesome however many years that was'.

That being said, I do what is in my power to take care of myself today which helps me not think about the future.

Hope you get some positive news at your appt. ❤

It does get easier- I promise!!
I am now 5 and a half years clear. I was told the risk of recurrence is much lower after 2 years. I had a blip at a year when they thought my cancer was back, so it was probably 3 years before I genuinely stopped worrying.
Now, I don’t even think about it coming back. It’s a long road but it does get so much easier, I actually got to the point that I enjoyed my check ups, because I knew I would be fine. I’m now completely discharged.

Good luck xx

Hi everyone :-)

just wanted to say that it does get a lot easier when you have hit 2 - 2.5 years clear :-)

Be lucky :-)
Tivoli

Just wanted to let everyone know went to doctor he said all was good and Pap smear came back good also.He said he won’t do anymore scans unles there is a problem. I see him again in six months. Pray all is good for everyone.