Alone and very scared.. please help

I received the results from my smear: some abnormal cells, grade 2.

Had my colposcopy, that confirmed that, going back to the hospital in 3 weeks for treatment.

I am absolutely scared!

FIrst of all, I am not English, I moved here just some months ago. Although I speak the language, is not my native one, and, trust me, it does make a difference to have to communicate these things in a language you have to think.
Also, that means here I knw few people, for sure I don’t know any gynecologist. I have been given information during the colposcopy, the nurses were super nice… but I am still so confused about it all, I’d like to have more info, to know if the treatment is REALLY needed, what may happen.
I am 31, I have no kids yet and I am scared as hell if I will be able to have them in the future, what if the treatment goes wrong, etc.

On top of that, I cannot talk about this to anyone: my family lives far away, I certainly do not want to worry them like this.

On top of the top of that: I am a type 1 diabetic. Which I do not know if may imply something, but…

well, long story short: I feel super scared, and alone, and… I do not even know where to look for help and info. Also because, to be scared, a part of me is scared of what info I can find.

Thank you for listening to me.
Hugs

Hiya I'm awaiting treatment also,I haven't any experience in what to expect but just wanted to say I understand your fears and how alone you must feel with your family not being near,the one thing that keeps me level headed is that we can have treatment as daunting as is seems now it's great we went for our smear and we can get sorted...being type 1 diabetic as you know your immune system is weaker so please go for your treatment my husband is type 1 also and can't shake things off as well as others can they will reassure you through everything and make you feel at ease,my consultants secrety and the nurse I have spoke to have been so lovely don't be afraid to tell them your fears they'd want to reassure you sending lots of love Em xx

Thanks a lot for your comment.

And best luck for your treatment!

Hi Shallow:

I'm so glad you found us. This is a great site for information and advice, so ask away with any questions. If you look on the left side of the screen you'll see a box "More Information" which has a ton of information written in a non-scary and helpful manner.

Grade 2 abnormal cells are often treated by removing them with a LLETZ. A small piece of your cervix containing the abnormal cells will be removed under local anasthetic. This is often done at your colposcopy appointment. Uncomfortable, but very manageable. If you browse the posts under "colposcopy" you'll get a good idea of the procedure and how women find it.

I know it's tough being far from home and having to cope with a foreign language too, although I must say that your written English is fabulous! Chat on here if you have questions or are feeling anxious.

love t x

All the best to you too....teresa I've been reading your comments throughout all this you are truly lovely I'm so emotional at the moment feel like my life has stopped and don't feel like me at all its so scary or I'm just not strong  your wise wisdoms have kept me going xxxx 

Hi there, 

i didn't want to read and run! You're so brave going through all this without your family close by. 

I am in the same boat in that I am waiting for treatment also with Cin2 also. you must go for this treatment to prevent it from progressing into anything sinister. Please make sure you go!!

like in above posts- we have all experienced the worry, the anxiety and emotional time (especially of waiting) so let's stick together! 

love and luck

8th June 16 - low/ moderate dysk

24th June 16- colposcopy and 2punch biopsies 

19th July 16- biopsy results state Cin1/2 

lletz booked 9th August 

I think the waiting is far worse the biggest fear rather than the treatment you feel your wasting all your time and energy on it it's awful....my mind will not stop wondering! I can't enjoy anything is this normal? :( xxx

Hey there - I've just been told I had moderate dyskaryosis and had a LLETZ 6 days ago. The LLETZ took place 2 weeks after my smear. I'm not sure if that was because they had space or whether I was urgent. I'm waiting for the results from that now. 

I didn't find the LLETZ itself all too bad. I'd made the mistake of watching how it's done before going and it looks much much worse than it feels. I didn't feel her injecting my cervix at all, the actual lletz just felt very warm. It was not painful. They cauterise the cut after and that for me was a tiny bit painful, but it was over in less than 30 seconds. It was just very hot and almost unbareable but not quite. The whole procedure was done in less than 10 minutes. I promise you it really isn't as bad as it sounds and the nurses were lovely too.

Try and take a friend with you if you can to just wait outside for you and drive you home, or get a Taxi. I wouldnt have wanted to drive after.

The anesthetic they inject has adrenaline in it and it made me shake a lot and when I came out I couldn't stop crying for 5-10 minutes after. I think I just became a bit overwhelmed by it all. I'm not great at being brave though! I cry if I trip over and scuff my knee (which is far worse than having a LLETZ done :) )

This site seems great for help and support so come and talk to us as and when! I'm sure you'll be fine! x

Hi:

Ellsmace - Thank you for your kind words.

I was diagnosed in April and it was devastating. Finding this site was a Godsend, because all of a sudden, there was a crowd of ladies who understood exactly how I felt. It was so comforting and reassuring. I read tons of posts and then got posting myself with questions and comments. When I had a wobble - which was basically all the time - women on here got it and supported me. Although my treatment is finished, (hopefully forever),  I still keep posting because I want to support other women who are going through what I did.

If there's one thing that we all know on here it is that waiting  sucks and there's a lot of it. That's why this forum is so good. We all understand and it is so reassuring to know that however we feel, someone is feeling the same.

Good luck and keep us posted.

love t x