Advice

Hi ladies
This probably sounds daft,but how do I know when menopause truly kicks in? I am 2 weeks post chemo/rads n brachy and have not had a period since just before. I am having hot flashes,which I have tablets for thankfully. Theres been so much going on that I dont really know what I am looking for to be honest,its all happening so quickly.
Tracey x

Hi

everyone symptoms of menopause vary quite a bit. If you are having hot flashes then you are experiencing menopause. Like you that's all the symptoms I was getting and have gotten some pills and now feel normal. 

on a side note though.... I was told about a month after treatment when I specifically asked about resuming sex with my hubby to make sure to use protection(condoms) as nothing is 100%.

The dr said after at least 4 months with no period we would be safe to assume that menopause has indeed taken place and then no longer have to worry. He has never personally see anyone resume their period unless the ovaries where moved out of the radiation field but has stated that nothing in the medical field is 100% there is a blood test they can do but my dr didn't see the need. 

I think it was my hair falling out and my weak knees that made me wonder what was going on - I never knew I'd be going through menopause! I got hot flashes a lot in the beginning (since July) but they seemed to have eased off. I've not taken any tablets for anything but may need to for my joints. I just struggle to walk down stairs because of pain. Everything else seems pretty 'normal'. Well, it's getting used to the 'new norm' I guess...