Advice please

I had a colposcopy on the 8th and after it the dr said she's sure I have cancer she could feel a roughly 7cm

mass on the neck of my cervix and I would have an mri within 2 weeks. Said it would be too big for surgery and rad/chemo is most likely the treatment. I haven't heard anything from the hospital they also took some biopsy say the colposcopy. how long does it take for treatment too start. I am worrying myself sick 

Hi 

Sorry that you have had the diagnosis. 

From my diagnosis to treatment start it was just under 7 weeks.

This went quite quickly as I had various scans and an exam under anaesthetic aswell in between. 

The worst part is the waiting for a treatment start date. But they need to make sure they have all the information to create the treatment that is right for you.. And one that hopefully will only have to be done once. 

You will find lots of help on here throughout your journey.

I'm really dreading the staging meeting ☹️ What happens at this? Thanks for getting back too

me

x

Hi 

sorry to hear you news, I carnt offer any comfort as I am in the same position as you. Currently waiting for a pet scan, had MRI and a chest X-ray was booked but cancelled because of MRI results. 
Not going for surgery now I need to wait for pet scan results. 
just really wanted to let you know you are not on your own. 
I hope you get answers soon xxx

Thank you so much ❤️ 

did you have biopsy's taken? Im

wondering if that's holding up my mri scan x

Hi, 

It was all abit confusing really as they talk about different systems they use to stage you and that creates different numbers etc 

They spoke about wanting children and what happens next. 

Don't get too hung up on the staging.

The words that struck me most from a consultant was "you have a curable cancer and that is our aim"

Hope all goes well and you get your answers soon 

X

Had My MRI today, have a meeting on Wednesday morning with my consultant after she's met with the oncologists etc to discuss my case.

i feel so worried ? 

Chelseaxox, hi! Maybe you should get two opinions about the right treatment? Have you started treatment yet?

If your treatment hasn't started yet, this article may help you:

https://www.dissercat.com/content/neoadyuvantnaya-khimioterapiya-i-radikalnye-operatsii-pri-rake-sheiki-matki-stadii-ib2-iiib https://journaldoctor.ru/catalog/ginekologiya/rasshirennye-ekst/
They are in Russian, but Google translates well.

As my doctor said, if a patient receives information about the methods of upcoming treatment and their side effects, it is easier for them to make a decision about their treatment regimen.

Whatever treatment you choose, the main thing is that it helps. My doctor says you need to tune in for treatment. If there are side effects - to level them, to help the body fight side effects and disease. Sleep and nutritional support are important. My doctor advises walking in the fresh air.

Hi Chelseaxox,

have you started treatment yet? I found out I had stage 3Ci on 30/09/20 with a mass of 6cm & I'm starting chemo & radiotherapy on 30/11/20, it taken around 2 months as I've had IVF too to freeze blastocyst. The wait has gone quite quickly with all the test & scan. 
I hope that after your MRI your team explained everything and it's helped, for me it did. I still worry a bit but I think that's normal. I'm just counting down the days to treatment now. 

just wanted to let you know my story a little so you know you not alone. Try to stay positive x