Advice needed. Leg / Groin Pain and Swelling 2 years post treatment. Lymphedema?

Hi, 

After any advice...

Diagnosd 1b2 in 2018. Cisplatin, Radio and Brachy. Last clear PET early December last year. Take HRT. 

For the last few months I have had what appeared as severe leg cramp in my lower right leg. Checked for DVT twice. Nothing. 

Told to reduce HRT dose incase. 

Pain has produced a very localised slight swelling occassionally on my shin, not the calf. Feels like a trapped vein or nerve, it's become agony. Pain has worsened and consultant said he believed it was lymphoedema and sent referral 3 weeks ago. Had a telephone consultation owing to Coronavirus with a lymph nurse this week, she said the lack of swelling to the leg suggests it's not lympedema and the late onset after treatment and to go back to consultant. Woke up today with pain in the same side (right) groin area, not had this before. June marks two years cancer free. 

As it's bank holiday it's going to be a long weekend.. Has anyone else developed lymphedema a while after treatment ended or have the same pains minus the classic limb swelling. I also have chronic bowel issues. Quite worried now : (

Hi,

I dont have any problems myself but I've done some reading in the past and I read about nerve damage caused by radiation and brachy therapy. It is called RILP, maybe this is what is causing your pain. When are you due for a next scan? 

It's not likely to be lymphoedema as that is swelling and doesn't usually cause pain. It might not be cancer related at all. Sometimes it's hard to remember that not everything is! The nerve damage could be worth looking into.