leg pain

I was diagnosed stage 2b in November, I had 5 lots of chemo, 25 radiotheraly and 4 brachtherapy which finished about 6 weeks ago. I've had no issues since and I go for my follow up scans next month. The thing that's really worrying me is that for the last week my right leg has been aching, it's the same pain that I had before I started treatment so I'mparanoid that the treatment hasn't worked or that the cancers spread. Has anyone else had this problem? If it was both legs I don't think I'd be as worried but with it being only the one I'm worried the tumour is still there and pressing on a nerve

I'm 13 months post  treatment I have pains in my hips n legs I have  had 3 clear scans try not to worry I know it easier said than done thou  here if u need to talk x

Hiya 

I have stage 2b too same thing happened with me pain in my right leg when walking it starts with a burning in my foot then tightness to the back of my knee.  My consultant got my GP to refer me to the vascular surgeon and I have an appt on Thursday morning.  I didn't have the pain before treatment though! Xx 

If it's any help Unicorns, I was treated for 2B/3 with extensive lymph node involvement and just had my one year follow up MRI. It came back 'No evidence of recurrence.'

I had managed to convince myself that there was a recurrence because the ham strings on my left leg were almost permanently aching. It was my left leg that was badly affected before diagnosis, so I really managed to freak myself out! The ache feels very similar but unlike before I didn't have unilateral leg swelling and the sizes of both my calves & ankles were broadly similar. It didn't stop me worrying though! Interestingly, the intensity has faded since I got the results, but it's still there and I have exercises from a physio to help now. It's probably related to the pelvic radiotherapy and may take time to improve, but it hasn't stopped me hill walking so I'll take that!

The psychology of living with and after cancer is a constant roller coaster isn't it. Will be hoping for reassuring news with your scan too. 

Thankyou all for replying, such a relief to know that im not the only one who has this. Every time i get an ache or pain im paranoid that its cancer. Ive had my ct and mri scans this week, nothing else i can do now until i get the results Xx

I am the same

going for my first results tomorrow after finishing chemoradiation 20th Dec and brachytherapy 2-4th january

had my MRI last Monday and feeling well apart from a very tight back since a week ago, which is freaking me out that the cancer is everywhere- but my oncologist during treatment told me object was to cure my 2b cc.

i suppose everyone feels the same in the run up to their checkups.

i also have a decreasing watery discharge,which increases the day I dilate, then subsides the night after.

im not getting any bleeding when dilating , just a teeny tiny spot of pinky residue on the tip.

no pain at all, except my back, which to be honest I had what I got my diagnosis, as I picked up the dog and pulled my back, so it could be that it’s an old injury.

its fine at night, only when I get up, then it subsides in the day.

im definitely less flexible, but working a bit on that.

no bowel or bladder problems thank goodness.,jus sick to death of the discharge!

surely I should be dry as the desert now?

i spoke to my oncologist 4 weeks ago and she wasn’t worried about it and said it was just my body settling.

but just the same as unicorns, it’s a general pain equally positioned all over, mostly in my bum muscles

1 Like

How did it go Mousehouse? All good i hope xx

All normal and oncologist said this was an encouraging result!

my back is still stiff, but at least it’s not anything  sinister!

so ,3monthly scans for me now !

feeling very very thankful for the team at weston park hospital 

I'm so glad you posted this. I finished treatment in Feb and the last few days I've had the same....must....stop...panicking!

:D

Kate