Abnormal smear results show borderline nuclear changes and squamous cells

Hi i have just received a letter after my colposcopy and biopsy saying i am HPV positive and my smear showed borderline nuclear changes and squamous cells. My colposcopy showed possibly aytpia in transformation zone 11 . Does this mean i have cancer.

Please get in touch with your doctor or health care professional and ask them to explain these results in simple terms for the ordinary (non-medical) person. You deserve that! To throw that sort of information at you without explanation is pretty irresponsible, I would say.

It doesn’t sound to me like it’s cancer, but it’s not for us to say. You deserve it have someone to talk to!

2 Likes

Thankyou ive googled a lot and i suspect but may be wrong that it is pre cancerous cells tha5 need removing. Every day that goes past im closer to finding out. Thankyou x

I had my colposcopy and punch biopsy on the 13/09/21 im still waiting for the results. I phoned the gynaes secretary and asked if she had the results 3 on Thursday late afternoon, its Saturday now and i still havent got results. The secretary said she will chase it up for me but the dr needs to look at the results then write me a letter. Im hoping he will do this super fast. I just want to know ?