Abnormal smear after lletz treat

Hi

So in my first smear in October 2020 it came back severe dyskayryosis cin3 and HPV. I had to have LLETZ treatment. Then I had my 6 month check up 8 weeks ago. It has came back HPV positive and boarder line changes. Is this bad? As Surley the hpv should of went away with treatment?

hi

i dont think the lletz gets rid of all the hpv but sometimes theres a good chance that it does, i was told by my doctor that it cant 100% get rid of hpv, because hpv can take few years to clear away on its own.

also your borderline changes could go back to normal on its own too if you keep on top of your immune system, i would talk to your doctor about your results.

Hi I have I’ve been reffered for a colocopy again and lletz. It’s just hard as I was trying for a baby.

i know what your feeling i was starting to try for a baby too, thats why i had smear test and was shocked when i got the results, i think im going to watch and wait and try for baby first then get treatment after if it hasnt gone back to normal by then, but im still unsure … with you being borderline changes you might be able to have a baby first then get another check after you could ask your doctor about it

What was your results?

Its fact from 6 months hpv is still present and I think I’ve had it from I was 16 as my boyfriend at time had hpv (genital wart strain!)

my smear results was hpv positive with high grade moderate dyskeriosis
, at the colposcopy they said they suspect cin 2 in one small area and they said it will most likely be watch and wait but i have to wait for biopsy results. i think i got hpv from around that age to it can lay dormant for years and become active when stressed it can take few years for it to clear.