Abnormal borderline changes, so much anxiety!

Infections and antibiotics make us feel lousy at the best of times. Sounds like you’re treating the right thing first though. Grim having to deal with infection on top of the worry. Can sympathise, as I’m pretty susceptible to drug side effects and have a few allergies too - it’s a minefield - I half wondered if that’s why I took so long to heal up.

I’m worrying that they didn’t get a good enough sample in my biopsy too, but that’s because my transformation zone has disappeared up inside the cervical canal ( old age apparently - like I needed to know that, lol) - but your colposcopist did sound very confident that you were clear, apart from possibly one small area that might be mild changes,so that’s a very big plus for you to hold onto.

I feel really weird about the HPV being left for three years too, but of course on the other side, it can spontaneously clear up all on it’s own in that time too. But it’s one of the questions I put in writing to the consultant, and asked if I should try and do extra checks privately during the three years, so it will be good to find out what she says. ( I had to have the biopsy done in her clinic because the colposcopist thought I might have to have a vaginal biopsy as well - but I was given the all clear on that one when I went back this time, thankfully).

Wishing you all the best, hope everything clears up and your results come though soon, the waiting thing is the worst xxx

1 Like