A year on

Hi all, thanks in advance for reading…
I’m a year on from a Radical Hysterectomy (1st march 2021) caused by Cervical Cancer, having never had an abnormal screening test and never really being in hospital it was a total shock to the mind and body to say the least, I still get so tired and random times of the day, does anyone else still struggle this far down the line?

I was diagnosed with PTSD in October, 7 months after surgery and since then the tiredness seems to be worse as well as loss of confidence and overall just a different person!

I have friends and family to talk to to but I’m old news now so I very rarely get asked or find it right to bring up my problems as I think everyone just assumes it’s done and everything is back to normal… will I ever be the old me and will there ever be a day that goes by without me thinking about what has happened?

Thanks all xxx

2 Likes

This is exactly how I feel. Like you a year down the line and just expected to be back to the “old” me. It’s a tough old journey at time. Take care and you’re definitely not alone in how you feel.

2 Likes

I really do understand … I was diagnosed November 2020 and in the dec I had a radical hysterectomy . I had my cancer cut out of me . I won’t ever be the same as I’ve been left disabled from that surgery as it went so wrong for me . Keep smiling :slightly_smiling_face: I wish I’d have known about this back then … I’m sure it would’ve helped me through some very dark times :heart:

1 Like

If you don’t mind my asking, what happened Katie? Have you recovered from your surgery? There are other ladies on here who have had complications from surgery who would be able to offer support and advice if you have ongoing issues. We all just want to support each other - we the unlucky few. X

2 Likes

Thank you :blush: I’m ok ish … I don’t want to frighten anyone and I don’t think I’m ready to write down my story as yet . I’m very grateful to still be here :heart:

That’s absolutely fine and very understandable. Sending you every possible good wish. Xx

1 Like

Thank you and the same to you :heart:

1 Like