A year from diagnosis

It’s roughly a year from I was diagnosed with 2b2 cc I had chemotherapy radiotherapy and brackatherap and I finished treatment April and OMG it’s been a quick year I’m left with sore hips and legs and back and find it difficult to get up and down but I just get on with it I’m back at work in a nursary during the day and I run 2 clubs at night for children and young adults with asn I take ibruffen before I go to work to get me through the day I’m just so pleased I’m alive to be able to do this but sometimes I think I’m doing to much but really I wouldn’t have it any other way I take every day as it comes now I’m back for another check up in Dec onwards and up wards Leanne xx

Hugs Leanne. Good luck for your next check up in December xx

Many congratulations Leanne!
You're going to have a great Christmas :-)

Be lucky :-)
Tivoli

Sounds like you are really back on your feet! So to speak. Great that you are able to do so much and thanks for the update. It's always really good to know how everyone is. X

It's been a whirlwind of a year hasn't it leanne .  I was diagnosed around the same time as you.

I also work with children and today has been hard due to teething (all 3 of em!!) I'm shattered but I keep telling myself last year this time I desperately wanted to be back in 5his position so I'm embracing it x 

OMG this year has flew by I can't believe it it has been a very hard year but I'm getting there and I'm so pleased we're all here to help and support each other xx

Hi Leanne

im happy to hear you are managing with your aches and pains. You seem very positive to grunt your way through this phase of the journey. Cheers for many more years with hopes it does get easier!

I'm a year post treatment and I'm on my way to getting better - I've had a lot of issues post cancer....

just wanted to say please becareful taking ibuprofen as your kidneys can become damaged post chemo and ibuprofen affects kidneys so mention this at your appointment about your aches and that you take it everyday as they may need to monitor you!

i have kidney issues due to treatment and have to have a blood test at every appointment to check their function