3 years on since diagnosis april 2017

Hi ladies, 

After spending 2017 and 2018 dealing with chemoradiation and complications resulting in a pelvic exenteration november 2018  i am finally feeling well, used to my new body changes and managing my dual ostomy well. Im finally just seeing my gynae oncologist and radiation oncologists every 6months and my urologist every 12. Life is back to normal... just a bit slower and have returned to work. Things have changed a bit but im happy and enjoying life. Working 4 days a week. which i never thought possible when i was at my sickest.  I wanted to give you an update as you all deserved some positivity after what quite frankly was at times unbearable. I want to thank everyone for their kind words and help when life was quite difficult at times.and to say thank you to all the strong women who were diagnosed at the same time and did not survive this insidious disease and to the others that progressed better. I wish everyone the best they can be and send my love to all. 

And as far as i know... no new cancers have appeared.

Much love Xx

4 Likes

Thank you for giving us para aortic lymph node ladies hope. It's not easy. I'm so glad to hear you are feeling well and enjoying life again. I am one year post chemorads and struggling at times. Xx

Bexter you sound like a beautiful, positive person. I can only imagine it's been a difficult road to get where you are now. I'm so glad to hear you are feeling well and enjoying life again. May your improved health continue for a very long time. Thank you for sharing your positive update.

x Maria

Thank you so much for giving us all hope. I am so pleased that you are doing so well. To think you have been through so very much but have come through it with such kindness to share your story with us and positivity is inspiring. 
much love to you and again thank you xx 

Hi Bexter!

Gosh, you certainly have had some challenges but you've bossed them. This is just the best news! so happy for you :)

you rockstar! 

B xxx

Well done Bexter! SoozeH would have been so thrilled to hear this update.

Karen x 

So happy to read your post! I am very glad you are doing well, especially considering all the tough things you have been through. smile

Hi Bexter! 

When I first got diagnosed I searched this place for hours and hours, looking for positive stories, and I came across yours,  and I am so pleased and happy you are doing great!  So happy for you ? 

Hi

I am newly diagnosed and awaiting a PET scan and staging.

Its great to read positive stories, thank you.

Love and best wishes to you all xxx

Hey Elliot and Daisy, I often wondered what happened to you. It's brilliant to see you are Ok.

Karen x 

Hi Karen! Thank you so much for your reply. I had a REALLY terrible time on the chemo mix, it was a real downward spiral for me from the 1st cycle on and I only made it to cycle #4. It seems like so long ago now, but I am doing great. smile

That's brilliant you are doing great. Fab work!

Bexterrrrrrrrr! :) 

I’ve just seen this. You’ve made my day!

I think about you from time to time. You really went through the crusher for what seemed like a long time, so it’s wonderful to hear your update. I’m so pleased to hear how well you are. Thrilled in fact.

sending a massive, pleased, friendly bear hug your way.

:) 

Tx