A few questions

Hi I’m new to all of this. 36 yrs old with two children.

I had my first colposcopy on the 30th March. I had an abnormal smear test and was sent to colposcopy clinic. While I was there the doctor said to me before I got up on the table that he was intending to a biopsy as well. When I was having the procedure done I could see the white patches after the acetic wash, they were around the cervix in various places.
He then said that he was performing lletz on me (which because lidocaine doesn’t like me and having fibromyalgia I’ve a tolerance to many meds, was very painful)
Anyway I’m assuming he saw something for him to do a biopsy and lletz but when I asked him he said yes abnormalities were present but the biopsy would tell us more.
Is it normal to have had a biopsy and lletz done on your first visit? It just appears to me that the cells seen must have been serious enough to remove there and then.

Second part of the questions I have is. I was due my period on the 30th March and I am like clockwork. I track it every month. I am now 5 days late as all I’ve been having is the darkish brown gritty discharge. I had some light red spotting yesterday and it went back to the brown grit again

Is it normal for period to just not arrive?
Should I be worried I might be pregnant? Surely they would have know that if I was? I’ve been so tired and a little emotional after (craving hugs from my kids etc)

Sorry I’m so new to all this and very anxious. Is this normal.

Thank you all for sharing your stories I’ve found this site excellent so far xx
Jacqui

Hi, Jaqui. 

my experience was similar I got a letter through telling me I had an urgent appointment on the 31st March for a coloscopy it also mentioned  dyskaryosis. I am still unsure by what it all means 

When I arrived  I had the Lletz treatment done then and there. It was all very overwhelming.

I am on the pill so they told me to continue taking my pills and miss a period so I would know that the bleeding as from the Lletz procedure.  

I am also waiting for my results, I am so worried, the waiting is the worse. 

I am not sure about the period Jaqui, hope someone else can answer your question.

i also have found great comfort in reading the forum it has helped explain some things

Kerry 

Thanks for your reply kerry,  I'm so glad someone responded. The waiting is definitely the worst. I'm not a great sleeper in the first place but the lastweek I'm finding myself thinking the worst all the time...  And yet I realise that's irrational as I understand lletz is done to remove potentially risky looking areas and the biopsy looks into the reason for the potentially risky cells. 

Yeah still no period

Does anyone have an answer to that? How can I have been due it that day and it still hasn't come down. Surely the period is still up there waiting to shed?  

It's all very confusing! 

hi, Jaqui

I know exactly how you feel, in not sleeping and also have no appetite, and yes the waiting is the worst. I am off work as well as its Easter so in just trying to keep busy, but I am struggling to be honest.

hope the period arrives soon to put your mind at rest. 

Keep in touch and let me know how you get on.

kerry xx