7 years post recurrence update

Hello all

I have not been on here for a while but I am having a relaxing Sunday Morning and thought I’d pop on to catch up and say hello.

I was diagnosed with 1b1 Adenocarcinoma in 2013 , i had a radical hysterectomy with ovaries left in
In 2015 I was diagnosed with recurrence to the ovaries , Very rare apparently ! I went on to have Chemo and radiotherapy .

I recently had a check up & CT scan due to a few worrying symptoms and i am very happy and relived to say all was NED.

So 9 years from original diagnosis and 7 years from the recurrence i am still NED !!

I haven’t been discharged yet and my next check up is October .

Just thought i would share some positive news.

xxx

13 Likes

Thank you, Greeni - what a wonderful story. So happy that you’re doing well and have been awarded the best prize - NED! Xx

1 Like

Thank you for the update! Glad to hear these pesky Adenocarcinomas can be gotten rid of! Posts like this really help me xxx

1 Like

Hi Greeni

So great to hear your amazing news! I recently finished the chemo mix for an adenocarcinoma recurrence and hearing stories like yours gives us all the hope that we need. Thanks for letting us know :blush: x

1 Like

Thanks for sharing such a wonderful story. Huge congratulations!

1 Like

Thank you for sharing this Greeni. I read a lot of your posts when I was first diagnosed in 2017 with 3c adenocarcinoma and found a lot of comfort in your posts. You’ve given me more hope today with this great news. Congratulations!

1 Like

Hi Greeni, I remember you from back in 2014. I too am 7 years clear. So great to hear you are doing well. Long May it continue.

4 Likes