New symptoms ...? another recurrence

Hello all

I hope your are all keeping well , I was diagnosed with 1b1 adenocarcinoma in 2013 and then a recurrence to the ovary in 2015. Scans since then have been NED , with the last CT being last year October 2021.
I’ve had a lot back pain over the past couple months , and recently been suffering with irritable bowels which is unusual for me , doctor as request another CT which i am having tomorrow.
After the recurrence in 2015 my Oncologist said " if he were a betting man it will be back" if i am honest, his words have never left my head really ! but I feel I’ve done well to get this far and still be NED however I am quite worried about the recent symptoms , hoping tomorrows CT will show nothing sinister.
Anyway I just wanted to vent a little. Thanks for reading.

1 Like

Hi Greeni!

Those thoughts cross all of our minds. There really is only 1 way to find out and thats a scan. What i have learned is that when we think its back those symptoms get worse. When we get distracted they dissappear.
Ive also learned than recurrence happens with no symptoms at all. You’re just going to go through those emotions until you know one way or the other.
Try to distract yourself as much as you can.
Big hugs x

5 Likes

I remember your story from.way back then. I sincerely hope it isn’t back. Its a good long time between so the odds are in your favour but you definitely need that scan. Good luck!

3 Likes

Hi @Greeni ,

You’ve been in my thoughts and wondering how did your CT scan go? Your success story here is one that gave me hope since my diagnosis last year. Sending you all the love. Xx

Hello

Thank you so much , so the CT picked up a 20mm nodule on my left lung thought to be “ likely metastasis “ I’m devastated! Apparently the nodule was there 1 year ago but measured 7mm and nobody thought to mention it until
Now. When I questioned this I was told “ it’s really hard being a radiologist “ and offered no other explanation as to why this wasn’t followed up n, now it’s much bigger and I don’t know what my chances of a cure are if any . I’m due to see a thoracic surgeon next week and pinning all my hopes on that appointment for more positive news . I’ll give an update when I have more info . Thank you for taking the time to ask .
Greeni

1 Like

I’m so sorry to hear this and I’m really sad hearing news or posts like this w ladies that’s been doing so well for a long time then had to go through this ordeal again. It’s just not fair.
So no confirm diagnosis for now? I’m no doctor but I heard that some lung nodules can be benign. And if ever it is indeed a metastasis I think the positive is it’s only one nodule and they only found it on your lung and nowhere else right?
I am sending you all love, hugs and prayers. Please keep us posted. Xx

I agree with May17. Lung nodules are really common and they don’t pay much attention to them untul they are 1 cm or more. They are often scar tissue. Yours is growing and its this that make it concerning rather than its actual existence. Cancerous nodules usually double in size every three months or so. Yours must therefore be quite slow growing. They can often treat single nodules so just hang on in there because there is definitely plemty to be hopeful about.

Good luck,

Karen

2 Likes