17 months post recurrence

hi everyone 

I just wanted to share that today I arrived home to find a letter telling me my recent CT scan shows no evidence of disease. 

I am just waiting for results of my bone density scan now. Hoping all is well with that to. 

I am 17 months post cervical cancer,  Adenocarcinoma 1b1 and then recurrence to the left ovary. 

Initailly diagnosed December 2013 1b1 , treated with radical hysterectomy , advised to keep ovarys , however in 2015 diagnosed recurrence to overary.  Treatment was removal of ovary , 5 weeks chemo cisplatin & radiotherapy.  Oncologist told me after recurrence diagnosis " if I were a betting man it will be back" all I say to him at this time is its not back yet mate , !! Praying and praying he is going to be wrong , his words have mentally effected me so much I feel like like I'm a ticking time bomb , 

I was sent for my latest CT due to right leg swelling , I was told by my consultant and the lymphodeama nurses that it is rare for lymphodeama to start so long after surgery.  So a 3rd recurrence had to be ruled out.

Anyway I just wanted to share that I'm Still going strong 17 months post recurrence , and latest CT shows no evidence of disease.  I'm so chuffed . 

Take care 

Greeni 

So pleased for you Greeni and here's a poke in the eye for that insensitive oncologist ! 

Ah that’s lovely news! It must of been a very worrying time for you. Think your oncologist must of gone to the same school of tact as mine. Our first meeting had him saying I should make videos for my kids as children who grow up without a parent will like that and not to worry about anything else as there is a care system for kids.

Still makes me fume!!

Anyway back to you - great news - enjoy it! X  

Hi 

this is fab news good for you 

stuff your oncologist they can be wrong 

I'm 18 months past recurrence treatment and my update scan was still stable minimal tissue my consultants words were I'm doing really well  to get to 18 months post chemo and the longer I go the better the odds there's always 1 in a 100 that as a really good response to treatment 

You and me must be that 1 in a 100

congratulations and your doing amazing 

love Michelle xx 

Yay! Greeni! I'm so pleased I walked back in the door after a H U G E absence and found this :-)
Thrilled to bits for you darling! :-)
What a dreadful thing to have said to you! That is so unprofessional! I remember you telling us that at the time but you have had to live with those words in your head ever since. Did you ever lodge a complaint against him? Now would be as good a time as any methinks :-)

You just keep right on being lucky!
xxxxx
Tivoli :-)

The best news Greeni. People defy the odds all the time, so why shouldn't that be you! Well done for getting through this x

Laughing

Congrats Greeni. must feel even sweeter each time you prove that guy MORE wrong x thanks for sharing and yippeee 

Just pop in after a long hiatus and am absolutely delighted to read your post! Great news Greenie! Celebrating with you! Keep pushing forward! :) Sending you lots of love and prayers!

Thank you all so much for your lovely kind words , love and positivity.  It means so much

Love Greeni xx

That is so great Greeni. Keep smiling and keep defying and smashing the odds. Your news has put a big smile on my face. Xx

HOORAY!!