6month Smear Results

Hey lovelies. I've just logged on to my doctors records and seen they have my smear results back. Looks like I'm having to go for another colposcopy.

On the smear I had last year (March 2018) it stated the following;

Cervical Liquid Based Sample:
- Borderline change in squamous cells (HPV tested).
- High Risk HPV IS detected in this sample.
Transformation zone cells are present.
-Referral for colposcopy is advised. Direct referral initiated.

Had the colposcopy done and then had to have cells removed (June/July) so this smear is a 6 month follow up and it states the following;

A. Cervical Liquid Based Sample:
- Negative for dyskaryosis (HPV Tested).
- High Risk HPV IS detected in this sample.
No transformation zone cells seen.
-Referral for colposcopy is advised. Direct referral initiated.

Is this years results an improvement or not do you think?  I hate doctors terminology and never know whether to feel relieved its an improvement or not!

Hiya, yep it’s a definite improvement. You have no abnormal cells at all in your test of cure. If it was a normal smear, they probably wouldn’t even do the HPV test and would have written to you saying it came back normal. But because it’s a test of cure, as in a smear after treatment, then they test for HPV regardless of normal cells.

Most likely you will go for the colp and they will see no abnormal cells, but will keep you in the system for regular checks due to your HPV status - they may see you again in 6mos or 12mos. It just means if the HPV causes your cells to change again then they can catch it early.

It is good news, your treatment got rid of all the abnormal cells, your body just needs to now try and shift the HPV. I would recommend a high strength Vitamin C , and any other vitamins that support a healthy immune system.

Hope this helps, take care x

Aww thanks for confirming this..

definiely feel a little more more relaxed about it now.

i am having other issues with I think is due to my replacement of the implant as it’s cocked my hormones up so having a load of bloods done as well now including my vitamin levels so hopefully this will show maybe a slight deficiency which is why the hpv has not yet cleared.

thanks again xx