6 months check up

Hi ladies, I haven’t posted in a while, hope everyone is keeping well and positive.
I’m starting feel extremely anxious as I’m due my 6 month check up, which I believe is internal, I’m still in so much pain down there to point I feel raw…I’m so dreading it
Is the check up same as coloscopy? My spelling is terrible soz, my treatment were chemorads an bracky

1 Like

Hi Lesley,

Don’t worry they will just use a speculum and be gentle with you. Make sure you say if it’s painful don’t just grit your teeth!
Sam x

Hi Lesley
Nice to hear from you again
Sorry to hear you are still in pain mention it when you for your appointment.
I’ve not had a internal yet got my in December. Had two mri’s which have both come back all clear.
Not looking forward to internal but have been using dilaters and have got on ok. How about you have you been using dilaters or are you in to much pain
Hope you get on ok :heart:

Hi @SamG , thanks for reply, they already no as been like this for cpl years never mind after treatment, they didn’t do 6 wk check up due to this. Though got great result from mri 3 months post treatment. Hope your doing well yourself, x

1 Like

Hi @Liggy, nice to hear from you again, hope ure doin well, glad hear mri results were fantastic for you. Every smear I’ve had past cpl yrs has had me sticking to ceiling with pain never mind after treatment. Oncologist knows this as she did say at 6 wk check up she wasn’t doing one due to this, I’m still raw inside so not great, gave up with dialaters was too painful for me, tried sex with hubby cpl times but the pain n discomfort is so too much. 3 month Mri was no detection which was wonderful news. X

Hi Lesley
Doing great thanks, so please to hear your mri’s where great news fingers crossed it stays that way. Only got a few side effects myself can’t hold bladder like i used to and some pins and needles in hands and feet but nothing compared to you and many others on here.
Just so grateful to have come through it and hope it encourages everyone else going through this. :two_hearts::two_hearts:

Hi @Liggy, yes fingers crossed it stays same, my appointment in 17 days n counting it down, anxiety through roof, but hoping for good news again. We are still here, so living proof it’s all worth it in the end. It’s hard but worth it xx

Hi Lesley
Definitely worth it and good luck in 17 days time hope all goes well.
Look after yourself :heart:

Hi @Liggy, Thank you, getting nervous now as its fast approaching, fingers crossed for good news. I’m presuming they can tell you there n then? X

Hi Lesley
I think they can tell you there and then
,as i haven’t had an internal yet i don’t know for sure.
Hope it all goes well and you don’t have to much pain.
Just explain everything and I’m sure they will everything they can to make it as unpleasant as possible.
Be thinking of you :heartbeat:

1 Like

Hi @Liggy I do hope so, don’t think I could cope with waiting, fingers crossed all is good.keep feeling like I’ve got urine infection and then it dissappear so strange, plenty water just incase to flush it out. Hope your keeping well x

1 Like

When i thought i had a urine infection i got some testing strips of the Internet.
And i tested positive and got some antibiotics from the doctors you could try them to make sure

1 Like

Hi @Liggy would never have thought of that, think I’m too late now though, but will keep it in mind for future reference. Thank you x

1 Like

You are welcome
That’s why we are here to offer advise and help each other

Hi @Liggy now this is so true, feel so under pressure for tomorrow, part of me wants cry another wants run away n wee bit says hey all goin be OK… Feel so overwhelmed

Hi Lesley
How did you get on?
Hope it went well🙏 and you got good news
Let me know been thinking about you :two_hearts:

Hi @Liggy, got fantastic news, still in remission, going for mri in December and next check in February. Oncologist putting me back on meds for my peripheral neuropathy, changed them due to not being able do things in general n memory loss but ones I’m on don’t help with nerve pain. Hope your keeping well x

2 Likes

Hi Lesley
Thats great news so pleased for you :grinning:
Lets hope news meds help you and you feel better soon.
I’m doing fine thanks just had to have an injection in my eye for diabetic retinopathy which wasn’t pleasant :pleading_face: but apart from that doing ok
Can’t believe its coming upto a year since starting all this treatment x

Hi @Liggy ohh that most definitely dosent sound nice at all, glad your doing well apart from the injection, I’m wincing just thinking about it. I no nearly a year, can’t quite believe it myself, my treatment started 27th December. When was ures? , And over year since diagnosis, when we all felt after each scan took forever, it’s quite surreal isn’t it :heart: x

Yes i know what you mean waiting for scan results seemed like they took forever and things were never going to start
I started my first treatment on 6th December and finished end of January, this Christmas will definitely be alot better than last year :smile:

1 Like