3 Years Post-CIN 3- HPV Test?

I used to post here very often when I was first working through a CIN 3 diagnosis after a colposcopy biopsy- everyone here was so supportive and helped put my mind at ease. At the time, I was only 21 years old and the doctor I was seeing followed a 'watch and wait' method, which I know is somewhat controversial for a high-grade dysplasia. I had colposcopy + biopsy every 6 months since then. My last one was 6 months ago and was CIN 2 on biopsy, the doctor also mentioned the actual visible appearance of my cervix had improved. 

I was supposed to go for my next colposcopy at the end of this week (June 10th). This time, the receptionist gave me the option of coming in to the hospital for my colposcopy OR coming to the office and having just an HPV test. Previously, my doctor had never offered me HPV testing and said it was just assumed I was positive due to the severe dysplasia and that they don't typically test young women. 

Does anyone know why I would be offered this option now, after four years of follwing this? I'm in the medical field myself and many physicians have conflicting opinions on these things. I'm looking for some opinions or if anyone has faced a similar situation? I'm living in Canada.

Thank you!