2WW Referral & I’m terrified

Hello, I hope I'm posting in the right place so apologies if not!

I'm 36 and have been referred to Gynaecology today on a 2WW referral for a colposcopy. I have a 2 year old and I'm petrified I'm going to die and leave him without a Mum

I've been having some spotting between my periods and constant period type pains all month and had a feel around inside and felt a lump on my cervix so obviously I immediately panicked

I went to the doctor today and she examined me with a speculum. She couldn't see a lump but says I have a cervical ectropion with some ulceration at the 6 o'clock position on my cervix and that's probably what I can feel

I'm not overly concerned by the ectropian as I have had one in the past but I'm very worried by the ulceration and this is why she's referred me

I had a normal smear result last May but I know they only test for HPV now not the actual cells so I'm scared that I'm in the tiny percent that is HPV negative but has dodgy cells

I do suffer with anxiety anyway and this is tipping me over the edge already, I don't know how I'm going to get through the next 2 weeks until I'm seen. I don't want my baby to have to grow up without me or have to have a hysterectomy so I can't have another baby

Has anyone been told they have an ulcerated area and it not turned out to be something bad? Dr Google is not reassuring as all the cancerous photos are ulcerated. Please help me

Hi Pixie, 

I know it's easy for us to say try not to worry but we've all been in the frightening place that you are now and it's a really tough place to be. The fact that you've had a recent clear smear test is quite positive. I did not have the same symptoms as you but I can tell you that I didnt have a recent smear and I was practically told on first examination that I had cancer. This was even before a biopsy was sent of or anything. I was convinced that it had to be very late stage but biopsy results showed 1b2 cancer. Try to hold onto the fact that you are very up to date with smears and that your gp is being proactive about checking the ulceration on your cervix. Shout anytime and we'll help if we can. 
x Maria

I just wanted to come back and update as I hate it when I'm worrying about something and read a post like this on Google and the OP never came back to update!

Everything was fine with my cervix. I had a colposcopy and biopsy taken and it was just a small Nabothian cyst which is totally harmless