24 years old

Hi guys,

Sorry first time posting so not sure where to put this! I'm 24, had lletz approx 2 weeks ago for cin3. Gyno called yesterday and said in the tissue they found cancer and ill be needing another lletz to get a deeper and wider section. She also said if I had already had children she would recommend hysterectomy. Shes spoken to oncologists in the capital city and they have agreed with the plan. Are there any younger women on here that have been in the same situation? Also how likely is it i could keep my ovaries if i were to get a hysterectomy.. its obviously quite a progressive strain of hpv to work this fast. Going gyno in 12 days to find out more. 

Hi Holly :-)

Welcome to the forum! :-) Sorry for your diagnosis, I hope you will find loads and loads of helpful women here to support you. I was over twice your age when I received my diagnosis so ovaries were not an issue for me and I am unable to answer your question, but I hope that soon enough someone not so long in the tooth will come along and answer your question better than I can.

Meanwhile  .  .  .
Be lucky! :-)
Tivoli

Hi Holly, 

I was 26 when I was diagnosed with stage 2b cervical cancer. I had the hysterectomy aswell as other treatments, I didn’t have my ovaries removed to prevent the menopause at such a young age but was informed they would only be functioning from a hormonal point of view at that stage. Unlikely eggs could be extracted etc. If you don’t have children, you will have Nhs funded freezing of eggs etc as an option. Charlene xx