Early stage cervical cancer

Hi everyone. Had smear in December and got letter a few weeks later to say I needed a colposcopy which I had on the 18th January and they did LLETZ at same time. Doctor phoned me yesterday asking me to come and see him today for a chat and perform LLETZ again. So i went today and was told I have early stage cervical cancer. I felt ok to be honest as I think it’s best to expect the worst and anything better is a bonus! I have to go back on Wednesday for 2nd results and then will know whether I have to have hysterectomy or if it’s all clear I can wait 6 months for next smear and take it from there. I’m 38 and don’t have kids and don’t plan having kids so I guess it’s an easier option for me than some others. I would like advice please on waiting time, recovery etc. Thanks in advance x

Helllo, 

im wishing you luck and wondering how your results went? 

Best wishes 

Ashleigh 

Hi rainyp,

How are you and what has transpired since your post? I have just received notification that I will need a radical hysterectomy. I'm being seen by City of Hope. In general, I'm optimistic and pragmatic. I'm 50 with no kids, but I'm struggling with them taking my ovaries. Dr. says based on my age, menopause is knocking on my door and the ovaries do almost nothing after that. His experience is that leaving the ovaries leads to cysts and tumors and additional surgery to remove them later, anyway. What are you hearing about this?

Sending healing thoughts

Beth