24 first smear. High grade changes.

Hi Guys

im 24 nearly 25 and went for my first smear in December. The results came back as HPV positive. With high grade abnormal cell changes. 

I went for my colposcopy app this morning where the consultant was less than reassuring. He took 4/5 biopsies and told me it looked 'suspicious'. I broke down and asked if it was bad news. Told him I'd convinced myself I'd got cancer (cancer has affected immediate family of mine greatly this last two years) and he sort of said he couldn't see anything obviously cancerous but wouldn't like to say until the biopsies where back. 

ive been in a long term relationship since school, we've just bought our first home together and get married next year and are planning on starting a family and am absolutely devastated that there is a possibility this may not be possible. 
would greatly appreciate any advice. 

Thankyou x

Big hugs Katie! I know it's so so hard and I hope you get your results sooner rather than later.

You definitely have age on your side and hopefully everything will be okay. I had the same smear result and the outcome was CIN2/3. I hope it will be the same for you. Keep us updated x

Hi 

im sorry you are going through this . I have no advice I'm afraid , I've always had normal smears until last year when I had a hpv positive result but no abnormal cells and then today I have received results from my latest smear saying hpv and high grade moderate dyskaryosis. 

I just didn't want to leave your post with no replies as you are clearly very worried. From what I have read it takes a long time for cervical cancer to develop after abnormal cells developing , so try to focus on that and hopefully you will have your results soon along with some reassurance xx