1b2 cc nodes positive

Hi Lovely ladies, 

hopeful for some guidance/stats on my new diagnosis and proposed treatment plan.  Here is my history:

endometrosis fro teens diagnosis

CIN3 July 2017

Stage 1b Nov 2017 (loop procedure diagnosis)

Stage 1b2 cervical cancer with nodes positive Dec 24, 2017 (MRI and PET CT)

treatment proposal of radiation (daily for 6 weeks) and chemo (1 day per week)

struggling with rad/chemo suggestion over hysterectomy. 

I would be grateful to hear success stories and also other experiences to guide me as this is my first experience with a healpath issue. Logically I want to have cancer removed and rad/chemo if still cancer display. I’m told road/chemo is “gold standard” but need to hear what real people say from their experiences. 

Eternally grateful and hopeful with all the stories Of courage.

Aura

Hello! 

I was 1b1/1b2 no nodes involved. If you seach my pst you will finde that i have had a different treatment than standard : 4 chemo Carboplatin +Paclitaxel, laparoscopic radical hysterectomy ( kept ovary) , 5 brachy . 

But, i what to tell you that chemo with cisplatin it is ok, well tolerated by patientes, no hair loss. Radiation can give you fatigue, but nothing major and brachy - from my experience - was very ok . The treatment it is not that hard and you will be just fine!! Give yourself time and you will get over this !

Good luck!

Hi 

i was a 1b2 and had a hysterectomy, but when they checked out my nodes one of them came back positive so then went on to do chemrads!! i know look back and wished I had skipped the op and went straight to chemrads!! It's a big op and if they don't think it will benefit you they won't do it, being node positive you would need treatment after so no point putting you through the side effects of a hysterectom!! 

The cancer will still be zapped away, I know how you feel with wanting it taken away, but the chemrads do a excellent job and there's lots of successful outcomes, lots more than you think as once treatments are done a lot of woman go back to their lives and don't need jos anymore!!

the chemrads themselves were doable, yeh it was tough and tiring some days but its soon over and done with, just rest and lots of water to help flush the toxins away!! The thought is way worse than it actually is I promise!! You will be fine!! 

Im over 2 years from my op now and coming up to 2 years from all treatment, life goes back to normal pretty quickly...I'd say the first year is the toughest but things defiantly do improve. 

Take care :) xx

1 Like