Scared to death!

Im new here,i was diagnosed with cc stage 3 ,lymph node involved, im going to start treatments on April 11th chemo 6,radiation 26 and bracky 3,im so afraid that i won’t be cured at this stage,wven though doctor said it’s curable.

Gracie, we have a number of ladies on here who WERE Stage 3 and are now cancer free. I was 3C2 with lymph node involvement, and I’ve just received my 1 year clear post treatment. Doctors will aim to cure this stage - always. Thank goodness you’re starting treatment soon. It’s going to be tiring and gruelling at times, but you’ll find plenty of support on this forum and with every day of treatment you’ll be nearer being cancer free. X

Thank you so much for replying, im very overwhelmed not knowing what im going to face as far as how im going to react to the treatments, but its so good to have a forum like this to share your fears with ladies that are going through the same struggles .i wish you all the best.

Gracie, another stage 3 with lymph node involvement here. Finished treatment end of Sept and so far cancer free. The treatment can be tough but its only temporary. Thinking positively is the key
Good luck

1 Like

So happy to hear that you’re cancer free ,it gives me hope,thanks.

Hi Gracie,
I have just started a WhatsApp group with three other 3C ladies. One has just started treatment, the other two are due to start on the 11th also. I am starting on the 25th. We’ve found each other such a great support over the last few weeks. You are so welcome to join if you would like to? Send me a PM if you are interested and I’ll add you Xxx

1 Like

That would be great to have that kind of support from ladies going through the same thing at the same time,please add me.

Hiiii- I am in the same situation as you. Lymph node involvement so no hysterectomy and straight into chemo/radiation and brachytherapy x4. I start my treatment on the 12th, and I am terrified too. I like you am afraid of the “what if it doesn’t work”. I also get nervous that everyone reacts different to chemo. Ugh, the whole thing is something I wouldn’t wish upon anyone. Keep me posted on how your treatment goes! And good luck on the 11th!

Hi,i understand exactly how you feel, it’s a lot to take in,this forum is the best thing i came across,all the ladies here are great and always willing to answer any questions or concerns. I also am scared,but im ready to start my fight it won’t be easy, but im strong and i know i can do this and so can you! I start tomorrow and i can’t wait to kick this THING.LETS DO THIS.:muscle:

1 Like

Hi,

Just checking in on you and seeing how your first day of treatment went on Monday! I had mine yesterday… I am not sure how I feel about everything yet… I’m waiting for a big vomit and a loss of energy. I would say the thing I can compare it to the most is morning sickness and brain fog with pregnancy… and just a not feeling so much myself. One thing I noticed when I got home is my skin was so pale, and just a different color then normal. Did anyone else experience that after their first treatment? I am going to go into work for a few hours this morning before my radiation, so we’ll see how that goes. I figure I’ll take it day by day, and do what I can when I can. I am hoping you had a good experience with your first day! I am here for you if you want to chat. I know I’m all the way in the United States, but believe me when I say, I am not your stereotypical rude, McDonalds eating, soda drinking, loud and rich American. I’m a 31 year old with two little boys, who is a vegetarian and superfood junkie, who lives in a tiny house I saved up years to buy, who was shocked to my core when I got my diagnosis. So even though we are miles apart, we probably aren’t so different. :slight_smile:

1 Like