Yellowish discharge

Hi me again…just wondering if anybody else has experienced this…finished all my brachytherapy last Thursday. .no pain or bleeding or discharge. .noticed today iv had a yellow discharge a few times…feels like iv wet myself…no smell or pain…just wondering if this all part of the healing process? x

Hi Louise 

i remember I had random weird discharge for the first little while after finishing treatment. Sometimes I still get a bit of random discharge and it varies from clear to yellow to creamy. Dr told me it's not something to be really concerned about unless it is consistent.

I was told if any discharge that seem to be daily and last longer then a week or so to make an appointment. It's normal to fear or analysis every detail but take a breath and relax.

Unless you are in pain or bleeding or have something last longer then a week try not to worry. Keep a diary and do weekly exams on your body. It's so hard trying to move forward without every little thing making you worry but try to stay positive and enjoy life a little. 

Hugs

Hi lovely 

My brachy finished mid October and I still get a yellowy, green discharge. I was told it's completely normal especially just after brachy as they use a bright coloured dye. I still wear pantyliners everyday and it's a watery consistency. If you're worried ask your doctor but just letting you know the same thing happened to me. Hope that helps a bit xxxx

1 Like

Hi ladies thanks for the replies..so it's normal then..I panicked a bit when I seen it.  It seems to have stopped now. .iv got an appointment Friday so I will mention it then but you both have put my mind at ease xx

Got this, too!

Hi Katherine how long ago did you stop treatment? x

I'm 18 months post treatment and have a little discharge like ive wet myself but it's only a tiny bit I wouldn't worry xx

Hi carmel...I mentioned it to the nurse on Friday and she reassured me it was normal and nothin to worry about...it was just a bit of a shock when I first seen it...it seems to av stopped now though xx

I know what you mean because before being diagnosed I had a vile smelling discharge and didn't know what it was so panicked when I first had it thinking the worst then remembered it's your body cleaning its self (someone told me years ago - prob isn't!) but if it gets worse, starts smelling or changes colour id speak to your doctor but I'm glad it's been confirmed as being ok - phew! Xx

Funny enough before getting diagnosed I had discharge but it was always clear and no smell..that's what got me diagnosed in the end because I didn't hAve the normal symptoms of cervical cancer...this discharge was totally different and as stupid as it sounds I didn't associate it with cancer just thought maybe it was an infection from the treatment bur like I said it has stopped now..but will defo get it seen to if it comes back or gets worse xx