Worry worry worry

Finished treatment in Feb for 2b with lymph involvement. Apart from some aches and pains I've been ok, coming up to my 3 month scan and I am worrying like crazy..pains in top of legs like before treatment and the occasional stabbing pain in my bum. These were both symptoms of my initial cancer.

I know aches and pains are normal but I am so worried...how could it come back so quick? Nothing showed on the scans for my brachy in Feb

Man, I'm trying to be positive and plan stuff for this summer but how can I? A lady on a facebook forum I'm on and had chatted to a little died last week and now I'm just stressed to hell.

Sorry to be a debbie downer.

:( xx

Hi Flossie.

The mental part of this is definitely the most stressful, our brains go into overdrive and we always imagine the worst.

No good trying to tell you not to worry beacause we all do it. I do try to tell myself that worrying won't change the result and that it's only making me feel worse.. it sometimes works for a while . 

Go ahead and make your plans.. I'm already planning to go to a music festival seven weeks after my operation... we will be in our campervan with all mod cons so I can still take it easy.

Wishing you great results xx

I was the same/ still am same when it  comes to appointments my next  appointment  is in 15 days  n everything going threw my mind  here if  u need  to  talk  xx

Thanks both,just so angry..scared...

I don't know what to expect?

xx

I was all over place I still get lik  that thou  any questions  u fink  of for ya consultant write them down 

Goodluck with the follow-up. Write down any concerns you have .... I never remember to ask when i am in my appointment otherwise. It's hard not to be worried after you have received a cancer diagnosis but let them know about all your psin and aches. Hopefully after you see them you can take a deep breath that you deserve. 

Much love xx

Cheers lovely. So bloody nervous!!!

Do you have the same chap as me? Dr B? He's so lovely but I'm still terrified!!

K x

I'm Australian Laughing.

Yeah it is scary as hell! It feels like such a long wait after finishing treatment to finally see someone and then you feel a little bit sick cause you find out the answer if it worked. I thought I'd still have some primary tumour but was really hoping it was gone from my lymph nodes. But it was all gone. I cried. . Then I cried when i told my family.

Take along someone you love. Wishing you all the best. Xx

Hi Kate, 

I’ll be thinking of you on your three monthly scan, take SoozeH’s advice and plan for the summer. You need something to look forward to and it will be a good distraction plus you deserve some fun time. I don’t think we’ll ever stop worrying I just hope as time goes by the worrying becomes less.

Good luck Hun and big hugs

Caz xx

Thanks Gals...

what do they do if it's still there? Is it more chemo like the cocktail type (I'm guessing you don't get an umbrella and a cherry!) Wink

xx

Hi, If there is still a bit of tumour left at your three month scan I believe they basically leave it for another three months and see if it has gone at the six month scan. This is because tumour can continue to break up / radiotherapy can continue to work etc. 

So in my case I had about 1cm of tumour left on an MRI scan at my three month appt and have had a CT scan since then and find out the results tomorrow (it’s pretty nerve wracking but I think even if everything is ok the next few years will be pretty nerve wracking too). 

If tumour begins to grow again on cervix but isn’t anywhere else I think they can offer you a pelvic Exenteration (I think that’s what its called) - it’s a big op which can mean a bag for urine and / or a bag for stools (colostomy). 

If cancer has spread elsewhere I believe you can try a chemo mix which some people have good results with. But hey you aren’t there yet and hopefully your three month scan will show that the cancer has done one and you can enjoy the lovely plans you make x 

Thanks Susan!

He did say at the start it was a big tumour (I didn't ask how big...I didn't want to start comparing it to stuff....Melon...golfballs..kumquats, weird) but about three weeks into my radio they had to rescan me as he said it had shrunk so much and then I had brachy and he said it 'had responded positively' but he said 'don't be disheartened if it hasn't all gone'

Gawd....this cancer stuff really can kiss my shiny arse.

Thanks again lovelies...don't know what I'd do without this place xxx

My tumour was a big one, 6.8cm and mine has gone

still after 5 months having discharge, but neither the nurse, oncologist or my own doc ( after having swabs) is concerned.

fingers crossed all is well for you xx

Oh hey you too lovely. Fingers crossed xx