Worried mum :(

First time posting, so hope I’m in the right place.

I had an abnormal smear test in November, and yesterday (11th Jan) went for a colposcopy. Before the procedure I was taken into a room & asked questions. One of the questions was if I’d had unprotected sexual intercourse, which I answered yes. She then told me, as a precaution if anything was found, they would give me a different appointment for biopsy once I’d had my period, just in case of pregnancy.

During the colposcopy, the nurse then told me “I really need to take a biopsy today, if you will sign a form saying you consent”

This has really freaked me out. Why would she tell me I’d have a different appointment, to then completely change her mind and need to do it there and then?

I now have a 3-4week wait & it’s already driving me crazy and its been one day! The worst part is the waiting!! Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Hi Popcorn,

I know it's easier said that done (I wish at times i could take my own advice) but try not to worry.

I spoke to my doctor to see if they can tell when doing the colposcopy if it was anything sinister & he told me he can tell if they are abnormal cells but no he can't tell if it's anything else.

You may need a Lletz treatment to remove abnormal cells. 

If you can try put it out of your mind and cross each bridge when you get to it. 

Hope this helps 

hugs

x

Thankyou so much for your reply. My partner has used your exact words, there's nothing I can do about it now until the results are back.. It is just as you say easier said than done! It's the waiting and the unknown that drives you crazy! Thabkyou for your advice, really appreciate it xxx