Worried about vague results letter

Hello,

I had my first smear at the end of September and am kicking myself for putting it off for so long. In November I got a letter which said I have high risk hpv and that they have seen "changes" in the cells. That was all. Anyone I know who has had that sort of letter has been told what grade of abnormal cells they have but mine was so vague that it's making me really worried. I spoke to the nurse who did my smear (she very kindly called to check on me when she saw my results had come in) and she seemed to think just "changes" means that I had borderline changes or just some inflammation in my cervix but of course I'm still panicking. I haven't had an appointment yet for my colposcopy and they told me there's a backlog but couldn't tell me how long it would be. 
I haven't had any bleeding or unusual discharge however in the past few days I've had lower back pain and some VERY slight twinges in my pelvic area. I'm trying to tell myself the pain is probably due to working from home without a desk so hunched over my laptop on my bed, and from carrying my 1 year old around. I don't know if it's worth mentioning but I had 1 instance of spotting while pregnant and when I was examined they said something about cervical erosion? Also I had light bleeding instantly during the smear. 
just hoping for some advice really.... has anyone else had a letter that only said changes but gave no details? I'm so stressed and I don't know what to think. TIA x

Hi there,

After my first smear test I also recieved a letter saying about high risk HPV and cell changes - exactly the same as yours, no information really on the letter other than saying I needed a colposcopy.  After my colposcopy (where they also took a biopsy of my cervix) it came back saying I had borderline changes in my cervix, and even tho I had HPV it wasn't bad enough to do anything about it.  It might be a similar situation for you, but just wait for your colposcopy and try not to worry in the meantime (I know it's easier said than done!). Also I think some light bleeding after your smear is normal (I always get a bit of light spotting afterwards). Hope this helps xxx