Worried about next smear test

Hi
I had a LLETZ procedure back in September 2016 - thankfully it came back that they got all the abnormal cells and, after one extremely heavy period, everything got back to normal and I stopped thinking about it. I got married a couple of months later and everything was great.
I have now received my reminder that my next smear test is due - I have booked it for next week but am now worried that they will find something again - this is my first test after my LLETZ.
I know logically that I am doing the right thing by keeping up with my screenings and that it is unlikely they will find anything but I am still finding myself feeling anxious about it. My husband is being great and supportive but it’s not something he understands.
Has anyone else felt like this?
JCB

Hi jcb,

I didn't want to just read and run. Firstly congratulations on getting married.

I am In similar situation to you. I had Lletz treatment on high grade abnormalities in April last year. I also had a biopsy taken which showed CIN 3 but they had removed it all so repeat smear in 6 months. Do you know what your result was?

I had my check up smear in September and they tested me for HPV. The smear came back normal but the HPV test was inconclusive. So I've had to have another smear and HPV test. 

I had that done 3 weeks ago so im waiting on those results now.

It is always a worry when you've had a bad result and then you just assume your gonna have to go through it all again. I feel the same, your not the only one going through it. 

The good thing is that you've booked the appt and your up to date with your screenings. 

Jess x

Hi. I'm the same, I've had so many abnormal smear results that every time I go for one, I am in panic mode. Ah the blissful years of not worrying at all about the test and test results ! I think it's fairly normal to feel this way. View it as a check to make sure treatment 6 months ago was successful. And it's likely to have been because the stats are on your side. In 95%of cases the lletz procedure is successful and clears the damaged cells for good. Good luck.