Worried about lletz results

Thats great news Rosie and thank you so much for the offer of advice I’m sure I will have a question or two through out this journey

1 Like

So sorry to hear you both had the diagnosis you really didn’t want. I’m pleased they believe they caught it early though. I was diagnosed with 1a1 back in April. It’s 7 months on now and my “6 month check” is at the end of the month. I believe we will be discussing hysterectomy too based on what my Macmillan nurse has told me and what my oncologist said last time I saw him.

So far I’ve had two lletz, one in January after smear test sent me for colposcopy, and then one at, the end of April after unclear margins and cancer diagnosis.

If you have any questions, you are welcome to get in touch. I don’t have my notifications turned on, so please don’t worry if it takes te for me to respond.

2 Likes

Thank you lemon-lavender and I hope all goes well for you with your next part of your journey. My gynecologist or nurse hasn’t given me a stage iv just being told its early stage I think because they aint sure as to how much more of the cancer cell’s they may of missed when I had my lletz thats why iv not been told as of yet and that’s why I have to go for a mri to try to find out for sure but I’m being hopefull that they haven’t missed alot when they did the lletz I’m having to wait for a appointment and iv been told it could take two weeks for that so I’m just taking it as good news if there not rushing the appointments.
Once again thank you all for your advice and sharing your journeys its nice to know that I can talk to people that are or have been through it them selfs

2 Likes

Good luck for your test of cure. I have just received an invite for my test of cure April next year . I will be interested to see what happens at yours ? I don’t know about you , but if any sign of bad cells at all I think I would go for hysterectomy. But my consultant seemed to think the other day that there is a low chance of this … we shall see xxx on a separate note , did you do any raising awareness ? I hardly told anyone and now I’m feeling ready to talk and raise awareness over the importance of smears … but don’t really know where to start as I am quite a private person xx

1 Like

Hope all goes well at mri … I didn’t get offered this … wonder why some do it differently ? Xx

Oh and yes no rush is definitely a good sign :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: xx

I can only think they are sending me for the mri as they can’t do more lletz just yet as I’m still healing from the lletz I recently had. But I’m only guessing different areas do things different.

1 Like

Yes I agree … i presumed they would do mri for me so was surprised when it wasn’t offered … different area and different hospitals I guess x x

1 Like

It’s got to be just different hospitals but you would think they all do the same. I’m hoping that they do agree on the hysterectomy I’m only 34 but i got sterlised 4 years ago so they are more open to the hysterectomy due to that reason. I hope you get the hysterectomy if that’s what you are hoping for I’m personally dreading the idea of having it done and the healing process as I’m not one for taking things easy so that will be a struggle

1 Like

Thank you for adding your experience lemon lavender and Rosie, it’s really helpful to hear other positive stories.
Rosie, I know what you mean about raising awareness, you hear the stories about people dying to try to scare people into going for a smear but I think it’s important to make people aware of real life stories of cancer being caught really early because of a smear test and cured really quickly and easily. However I’m also quite private and not sure how I’d go about it and what I would say. I’m certainly not ready to do anything about it yet.
At the moment I feel weird, I’ve not told anyone other than my other half, first I wanted to get my head around it and second I feel a bit weird saying I have cancer as it’s not cancer in the dramatic sense - I’m sure you know what I mean. Especially as in all likelihood what I had was all gone - well fingers crossed anyway.

3 Likes

Yes I totally know what you mean … the moment I found out I had abnormal cells and then cc , I thought worse case scenario. I didn’t realise how easily treatable cervical cancer can be . I think sharing our stories will definitely help. I just think it has to be when we are ready. And I’m sure we will both find ways we are comfortable with in sharing x x x

2 Likes

Hey girls,

It’s so nice to read other people’s stories and to realise I’m not alone. My story is pretty similar to the ones above. I have been diagnosed with CGIN and biopsy showed stage 1a1 cervical cancer. After having a. Lettz they said they would see me in 6 months. They also said to get back to them if I have any worrying symptoms, well I’ve been bleeding on and off, pain and bleeding after sex and more yet no one will still see me. It’s so frustrating. I have My 6 month check up Tuesday so worried what they will check up on, I’m hoping more biopsy’s and not just a guessing game that it’s all clear. They mentioned a hysterectomy but I am only 29 so it’s a big desision. Please keep me updated with any changes. And @Candlesandmusic this is exactly the same as me. I don’t feel like I’ve even had cancer surely the same as having pre cancer cells when I haven’t had chemo etc. It’s a strange thing to process. Xx

1 Like