Worried about high risk HPV transfer to baby

Hi 

I have a 5 month old daughter. I have recently received the results of my 3 month post partum cervical screening and found out to my shock I have high risk HPV and cell changes. I'm awaiting a colposcopy but I'm very worried about my baby. I'm concerned I could have transferred this to her during birth, I'm also worried because a couple of times myself and my partner have had sex late at night and fallen asleep only to be wakened a short time later by the baby needing a nappy change etc and my mind is in a spin worrying HPV is in my hands or my partner's hands and we've passed it to her genitals during nappy changing and now she's got high risk HPV and will get cervical cancer 

I was already worried about the colposcopy but now I'm 1000x more anxious and can hardly get out of bed 

Hi Hdm50,

I totally understand your anxiety. I have also worried a great deal about the possiblity I may have passed the HPV virus on to the children. I asked my consultant about this last week and she said there is absolutely no concern to the baby if there was HPV present during the birth. She also said that men very very rarely get a chronic infection of hpv. I was worried about whether my partner was also carrying the virus, she said very unlikely. I think the idea that you may have passed the virus onto your baby during nappy changing is extremely unlikely. It's more likely that the anxiety is making you feel like that. I think every woman you speak to who has gone through this will agree that the anxiety is one of the worst parts of it all!

It might be worth phoning the helpline to discuss your concerns so you can get some more reassurance.

Xx

Thanks for reply.

i appreciate it. Probably my mind working overtime.