Working out after LLETZ?

Hello!

I had my LLETZ procedure on Wednesday morning (2 days ago) following a biopsy 2 weeks prior to that which confirmed my smear test results of CIN3 severe high grade dyskaryosis.

My procedure was okay as it can be, although due to contraception I have a scar on my womb so experienced quite a bit of bleeding during. However afterwards I’ve only experienced light bleeding, lovely brown bits and watery discharge and no pain whatsoever which I am very grateful for as I know a lot of women suffer terribly - sending my love to you!

I am 26, fit & strong after using lockdowns to get myself in shape. So I am of course gutted I’ve been advised not to exercise for around 4 weeks. At my appointment I asked how rigid this advice is, and was told to only walk. I pressed further and was told I could do very slow gentle yoga but nothing that would make me sweat especially in the groin area or that would put any strain on my abdominal area e.g. weights etc.

SO does anyone have any advice on what types of exercise were okay for them and when? I am itching to get back to exercising and don’t want to do nothing for 4 weeks and gain any weight I’ve lost, or loose the muscle I’ve been building up BUT at the same time don’t want to slow the healing process down and put any constraints on my body for any longer than necessary.

I know this will be different for everyone, but would love to hear people’s experiences!

Thanks & hope you are all doing okay. We should all be very proud & grateful of/to ourselves that we have done our smear tests & had treatment.

I’m not in your position, but didn’t want to ignore your post…. I can understand you’re itching to get going again, but just imagine if you had torn a muscle or something - you would simply have to wait until it healed. You’ll not lose substantial muscle that you can’t immediately build back up in a few weeks. My daughter is a bodybuilder and she’s had to stop sometimes through injury and your body will re-embrace the exercise once you can do it again. Time to look after that delicate area of your body…

I am a keen cyclist - for transport and for sport - and had a pretty much text book recovery from my lletz with, like you, no pain. I stayed off the bike for a week and then built up slowly back to my normal levels over the next two weeks. At 6 weeks after my lletz, I went on a cycling holiday in the Pyrenees involving some quite big hills with no problems. Hope that helps.

1 Like